No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez-Andy Lee Close, HBO Rejects Zbik

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez-Andy Lee Close, HBO Rejects Zbik

According to Emanuel Steward, manager and trainer of southpaw middleweight contender Andy Lee of Detroit, a deal is very close for a fight with WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez for March 12 on HBO. Earlier this week, Sampson Lewkowicz, the adviser of Martinez (46-2-2, 25 KOs), said his boxer was going to honor his mandatory obligation against interim-champion Sebastian Zbik. The fight fell apart after HBO rejected Zbik as an opponent.

[Click Here To Read More]

They should strike down Lee as an opponent too.

Comment

That's unfortunate. I wanted to see Sergio humiliate Germany on the world stage. I'm bummed.

I agree with warp though, they should reject Lee as well. If they don't, they're gonna wish they rejected him after they see the fight.

Comment

To tell the truth, Andy Lee isn't very good either.

Too bad they won't have Martinez-Pirog or Martinez-Golovkin.

However, Martinez deserves a soft fight after defeating Pavlik and Williams.

Comment

They struck down Zbik because they don't want a repeat of Jacobs/Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
            To tell the truth, Andy Lee isn't very good either.

Too bad they won't have Martinez-Pirog or Martinez-Golovkin.

However, Martinez deserves a soft fight after defeating Pavlik and Williams.
            Remember when you made this post?
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=38

You're a really poor poster.

Comment

I told you all HBO will not pay for these fights with Zbik or any of those other guys you want to see vs Martinez for some reason. Martinez' choices are basically up to HBO, not really his promoter if you know what I mean.

Comment

so steward will be in lee and cotto's corner on the same night? i guess cotto and martinez will fight on the same card march 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  I told you all HBO will not pay for these fights with Zbik or any of those other guys you want to see vs Martinez for some reason. Martinez' choices are basically up to HBO, not really his promoter if you know what I mean.
                  They'd pay for Martinez-Pirog.

Comment

They should have Pirog on the undercard. Have him fight his mandatory or Lorenzo or even Zbik...Just have Pirog on the underdog to build up Martinez-Pirog for the summer.

Comment

Working...
                    X