No announcement yet.

America Is The Greatest Nation : From A British We Surrender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America Is The Greatest Nation : From A British We Surrender

For those of us living in denial, For those of us British who still think that Britiania rules the waves, I have news the USS Enterprise now rules the waves and the US is the richest most powerful and influential nation in the world, Whilst we were too busy comparing our Tartans in the case of the Scottish, Or beating and supressing our minorities in Northern Ireland and our Non White population in general the Americans were busy putting people on the Moon.

I say what the rest of the British are to ashamed to ever admit, The Americans have a system which works, A country where everyone is equal, A land that belongs equally to everyone. We the British have failed. So thats why we get angry when our already severely battered ego gets further deflated.

I as a minority living in the UK wish to convey to the American people our greatest gratitude for upholding the universal priniciples of equal rights, humanity, respect and relgious freedom, The United States truely is a light unto all nations and each and every American should be proud to be a member of a country which judges them not on the colour of thier skin but by the content of thier charachter.

If it wasnt for the US we the British would be licking German Feet and speaking German!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1NR2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXqqe...eature=related

im waiting for you to slip the rug from under me......

Comment

If it wasn't for the french, the Germans and dutch we would still occupy America

Comment

“Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
          For those of us living in denial, For those of us British who still think that Britiania rules the waves, I have news the USS Enterprise now rules the waves and the US is the richest most powerful and influential nation in the world, Whilst we were too busy comparing our Tartans in the case of the Scottish, Or beating and supressing our minorities in Northern Ireland and our Non White population in general the Americans were busy putting people on the Moon.

I as a minority living in the UK wish to convey to the American people our greatest gratitude for upholding the universal priniciples of equal rights, humanity, respect and relgious freedom, The United States truely is a light unto all nations and each and every American should be proud to be a member of a country which judges them not on the colour of thier skin but by the content of thier charachter.
          I think you're confused here. A year before America was putting people on the moon Martin Luther King was assassinated. If you're suggesting that visible minorities are not discriminated against in the United States then you have never been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
            “Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein
            "Imagine there's no countries
            It isn't hard to do
            Nothing to kill or die for
            And no religion too
            Imagine all the people
            Living life in peace"

- J.Lennon

It just fit brother

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              I think you're confused here. A year before America was putting people on the moon Martin Luther King was assassinated. If you're suggesting that visible minorities are not discriminated against in the United States then you have never been there.
              ahhh but the beginning of the entire abolition of slavery in the UK began in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                ahhh but the beginning of the entire abolition of slavery in the UK began in the US.
                No it didn't. The American revolution was fought in part because wealthy Americans wanted to keep owning slaves. Slavery was already de facto abolished in England before the Declaration of Independence was even signed.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  No it didn't. The American revolution was fought in part because wealthy Americans wanted to keep owning slaves. Slavery was already de facto abolished in England before the Declaration of Independence was even signed.
                  umm......declaration of independance i guess was singed 1776 right or around there (im not sure when all the signing actualy took place) yet the first anti slavery group in the uk didnt form till 1787 the UK slave trade act wasnt till 1807 and the actuall abolition of slavery wasnt till 1833.

While in the United states Pennsylvania Quakers started petitioning against slavery as early as 1688.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1688_Ge...gainst_Slavery

i really like how the twist "do on to others as you would have them do onto you" to show that not only that slaves will revolt but that its their god given right to revolt.
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 10-22-2010, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                    umm......declaration of independance i guess was singed 1776 right or around there (im not sure when all the signing actualy took place) yet the first anti slavery group in the uk didnt form till 1787 the UK slave trade act wasnt till 1807 and the actuall abolition of slavery wasnt till 1833.

While in the United states Pennsylvania Quakers started petitioning against slavery as early as 1688.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1688_Ge...gainst_Slavery
                    By 1783 in England it was decreed that any slave setting foot in Britain was automatically a free man. The Slave Trade act banned the selling of slaves throughout the Empire and the Abolition of Slavery act made it illegal to own slaves throughout the British empire. Some elements of the Quaker movement were campaigning both in America and Britain from the 16th century but that doesn't count as actually doing anything about the problem. After all it wasn't until 1776 that the use of slaves was abolished by the Quaker church itself!

Long after Slavery as abolished in the British Empire the United States went to war over the issue! Slavery was a reality in the US until relatively recently hence the civil rights issues that dog them to this day.

The situation is complicated by the messiness of English common law. In theory the buying and selling of people (within England) was outlawed in 1102, though in practice it didn't always work like that. In the 1702 case of Smith vs Brown the judge declared "as soon as a negro (sic) comes to England he is free; one may be a villein in England, but not a slave."

Comment

Working...
                    X