Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when tickets go on sale for Floyd vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't lie to kick it, we all know you're streaming the fight, eating top roman soup.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      where did you get your ticket for the Mosley fight? Ticketmaster is ususally sold out of the $150 seats instantly. Its a scam. Where did you find one for $150. I would love to scoop 2 of those for May
      I was incredibly naive and used a site that looked completely unlegit

I got there, was told I would be able to pick my tickets up from Mandalay Bay. I went there, and they said it's almost a 100% that I'd been scammed as they don't have a ticket office for that particular fight there.

So I called the number I was given on the website (A random mobile number) and my bill was through the roof as I was using the phone I use in the UK. Eventually, I got through and was told to go to a hotel room in one of the hotels on the strip, I forget which one, and went up there and picked it up. Very very dodgy guy with the latch on his door I'll not be doing that again.

That's why this time I want to go through a legit website like Ticketmaster or StubHub or whatever. I don't really know how things work in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
        Yeah ive kind of resigned to getting the 150 ones on stub hub for around 250
        Where are the actual tickets sold from? If you get me?

Like, the ones that third parties like Stub Hub buy in bulk. What site is that?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Where are the actual tickets sold from? If you get me?

Like, the ones that third parties like Stub Hub buy in bulk. What site is that?
          stubhub gets most of there tickets from regular fans/scalpers who mark them up. Like me, I had 2 tickets for the Peterson-Khan fight that I got from ticketmaster. At the end my partner cancled so I just sold the ticket on stubhub. You can sell it for any price you want but they take a cut.

Comment

stubhub gets most of there tickets from regular fans/scalpers who mark them up. Like me, I had 2 tickets for the Peterson-Khan fight that I got from ticketmaster. At the end my partner cancled so I just sold the ticket on stubhub. You can sell it for any price you want but they take a cut.
            Ahh, ok.

So TicketMaster is the offcial website that will sell then first?

Comment

Ahh, ok.

So TicketMaster is the offcial website that will sell then first?
              yes but sometimes its possible to get it from the MGM itself or sometimes GBP will have some. Still, just like any sporting event in the US, its all a scam. Places wanna sellout and they dont care who buys. Therefore before the tickets truly go on sale, they already sell a ton to scalpers. Thats why you might go only as soon as they go onsale but they are fully sold out of the cheap seats. Then you go to stubhub and find the scalpers selling them for double/triple the price.

Its not fair. They always talk about how the common man cant take his kids to see a sporting event anymore because of this. Every fight there are all these thugged out looking dudes standing outside the event selling tickets for marked up prices. They even offer to buy yours if you have extra but they will only give you a 3rd of what you paid for them.

The best place to get tickets is always from the place that has the event. Ticketmaster has fees. If you buy a $31 ticket, it will end up costing you $46 by time they add there fees. If you buy it from the place then you just pay the $31 but most people dont live where the event is and alot of events dont sell the tickets until the day of or right before the event so they dont have any good one's left after ticketmaster has been selling them for a couple of months.

IDK how the MGM works but maybe they sell theres the same day it goes onsale. Again though, I dont live in Vegas so it does me no good. The funny thing is there are alot of fights who I bought tickets for on ticketmaster as soon as they went on sale, only to check back a month later or right before the fight and find better seats for the same price. It all sucks

Comment

yes but sometimes its possible to get it from the MGM itself or sometimes GBP will have some. Still, just like any sporting event in the US, its all a scam. Places wanna sellout and they dont care who buys. Therefore before the tickets truly go on sale, they already sell a ton to scalpers. Thats why you might go only as soon as they go onsale but they are fully sold out of the cheap seats. Then you go to stubhub and find the scalpers selling them for double/triple the price.

Its not fair. They always talk about how the common man cant take his kids to see a sporting event anymore because of this. Every fight there are all these thugged out looking dudes standing outside the event selling tickets for marked up prices. They even offer to buy yours if you have extra but they will only give you a 3rd of what you paid for them.

The best place to get tickets is always from the place that has the event. Ticketmaster has fees. If you buy a $31 ticket, it will end up costing you $46 by time they add there fees. If you buy it from the place then you just pay the $31 but most people dont live where the event is and alot of events dont sell the tickets until the day of or right before the event so they dont have any good one's left after ticketmaster has been selling them for a couple of months.

IDK how the MGM works but maybe they sell theres the same day it goes onsale. Again though, I dont live in Vegas so it does me no good. The funny thing is there are alot of fights who I bought tickets for on ticketmaster as soon as they went on sale, only to check back a month later or right before the fight and find better seats for the same price. It all sucks
                I tried calling MGM Grand but I got no answer.

As I'm staying there I'm going to try and get some sort of deal on the tickets Hopefully.

I don't mind though if I end up having to pay extra. Just as long as I get some.

Comment

I tried calling MGM Grand but I got no answer.

As I'm staying there I'm going to try and get some sort of deal on the tickets Hopefully.

I don't mind though if I end up having to pay extra. Just as long as I get some.
                  yeah, trying real hard to go to this event also. Trying to hit alot of fights up in a short period. Might have to turn some good ones down

Comment

yeah, trying real hard to go to this event also. Trying to hit alot of fights up in a short period. Might have to turn some good ones down
                    I don't think getting a ticket will be a problem but I think getting one for a reasonable price might be

Comment

I don't think getting a ticket will be a problem but I think getting one for a reasonable price might be
                      yeah, thats the problem but also the date. The Zab-Garcia postponement screwed me all up. I was going to that fight but now they moved it a week before the Floyd fight and they are on opposite sides of the country. It normally wouldnt be bad since Im close to NY anyways but 2 days before that I was suppose to be in Oklahoma for a fightnight event where some celebs and ex boxers come to.

I just went to the Broner & Peterson fights. Im suppose to go see Hopkins in 2 weeks. Then Im trying to find away to go to the fightnight event, Zab-Garcia, and the Vegas card all within a week. On top of that Ive been really thinking of going to the Nonito fight and now GBP is talking about making Peterson-Matthysee with Alexander-Brook in my backyard which I would also wanna go to. All these dates are close. Im just trying to fight cheap seats & travel.........lol

Comment

Working...
                      X