Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bellator..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know. I haven't gotten behind bellator even though they seem to have a couple of good fighters.

It was very easy for me to get behind Strikeforce(even when it was EliteXC) I would get excited before most of their events, but I've never once gotten excited about a bellator event. Most of their fighters even their really good ones are boring or not nearly as exciting to watch as their UFC counterparts. Especially since Lombard and Alvarez aren't there anymore.

Kinda reminds me of UFC during the Liddell/Ortiz/Sylvia days. I just couldn't get excited for any UFC event especially since PRIDE had guys like Wanderlei, Rampage, Fedor, Cro Cop.

Bellator might get there in a couple of years but they aren't there yet.

Comment

Tonights card was sick! Richman brutally stopped Jackson with that headkick and punches. The Sandro fight was sick too his opponent threw like 50 kicks like the one Hall landed tuesday on TUF. He was throwing them like theyre nothing haha

Main event was good too but the punch he caught falco with was awkward he might of cracked something on his face. But still put him to sleep shortly after. Schmenko is ok if he went to the UFCs He could probably be the jorge santiago's, Patrick Cote's, Sakara's, or maybe even Stann's or Bispings if he could land right on the chin but they are more technical. The Jacares, Munoz, Wediman, Belfort, Silva maybe Rockhold would embarass him though unless he landed on Munoz's chin too. Okami too would be a good fight. Hes just kinda slow like Botech but powerful tough and durable.

Bellator has some sick ass fights. I think they consistently put on exciting cards but of their tournaments where everybody goes for broke for title shots. They just don't have the depth or talent yet but theyll get there.

Comment

ill be honest I've barely watched any Bellator but I'm going to from now in.

Looks like they are building very good foundations over there and are attracting some very good fighters too

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I like Bellator quite a lot. It's still improving, too. I think that Bellator still has a lot of unreached potential. They are still perfecting their format, etc.

Comment

Am I the only guy that actually likes to watch Ben Askren fight? Dudes ground game is ridiculous.

Comment

He's okay, needs more stoppages and sub wins for me to watch him regularly. As long as he doesn't become another GSP and just defend the title with all decision wins, I might become a fan.

Comment

I've known about Bellator ever since Curran/Sandro. I watched their most recent card on SPIKE TV and it was pretty entertaining, so I gotta get back into the loop.

Comment

yeah the last card was was pretty sick. I think in every fight somebody got dropped and hurt.

I just can't look at dantas the same anymore after he got KO'd against Tyson Nam a few months ago when bellator use to let their champs fight elsewhere.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Last card was bad ass, really entertaining

I cant stand king mo, hes good, Bellator really tryna build him up

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                      Last card was bad ass, really entertaining

I cant stand king mo, hes good, Bellator really tryna build him up
                      I've always liked King Mo. He's really into showmanship, but he's never come off as really arrogant to me. He also is a top-notch wrestler. He was something like a 4-time US champion in freestyle, and I believe he placed 7th or so at the world championships (though he never made an Olympic team). And, he seems to be taking MMA very seriously. He is training under Jeff Mayweather now, and he's made trips to Holland to train kickboxing with the best of the best, over there. He even got his teeth knocked out by Tyrone Sprong in sparring.

Comment

Working...
                      X