No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
    Look, thats the problem! You got it from both sides, Your a Pac fan correct? Me I luv boxing, people are gonna troll to get a rise. My thing is you have to realise Pac is good but, this resume is padded just like Mayweathers. I don't know if your one of the blind Pac fans that will say stupid $h!t, like Mayweather fights old fighters, when he fought De La Hoya a year before Pac, AND at Oscars actaul weight of 154, (yeah because he had to. Oscar was the golden ticket then). He fought Cotto after Pac, but at Cotto's current weight of 154, when Pac didn't want anything to do with Cotto at 154. I don't even discuss all that ducking bull****, because no one really knows whats going behind the scenes.
    IMO they both are first ballot HFO's no matter what
    He thinks Pac is GOAT and has said it many times

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Interesting. So manny lost to an inferior opponent. Floyd never loses to inferior opponents which according to you is all he fights. So that would then make floyd the better fighter right?

Anyway you cut it dude manny got embarassed. Just accept it that he is inferior to an elite boxer/counter punchers because he never took the time to learn defense sand proper balance.of course when you fight mostly come forward. Punchers you don't need those skill.
      lol, anybody can get KTFO when they step in the ring, but you do bring up good points on the lack of the small technical aspects of footwork, and balance, Pac is an exciting fighter so that stuff gets overlooked; and yeah I think Roach is a offense first trainer for sure, so they probably just rely on Pac's speed and good power to overcome the deficiencies

Comment

Interesting. So manny lost to an inferior opponent. Floyd never loses to inferior opponents which according to you is all he fights. So that would then make floyd the better fighter right?

Anyway you cut it dude manny got embarassed. Just accept it that he is inferior to an elite boxer/counter punchers because he never took the time to learn defense sand proper balance.of course when you fight mostly come forward. Punchers you don't need those skill.
        Ali also lost to inferior opponents. So did SRR, many others. I guess that puts them behind Calzaghe and Cuenca.

Comment

Yes Pac losst to an inferior opponent, JMM surviving as best as he could against Pac and finally getting a ko punch. JMM lied and said he was going for a ko against Pac, rather as usual it was Pac who was going for the ko, and JMM counterpunching as usual and hoping one would be hard enough to ko pac. JMM lied just like bradley did.

And floyd also lost to castillo in the first fight. I wasnt going to say it was a loss, but considering children keep saying pac lost 3 time to jmm i have to lower myself temporarily.
          If floyd fought more often he would also lose to supposedly inferior opponents more often, history shows that, and you can do nothing to disprove me.

Lets imagine a world where Pac had a few less fights and didnt have the fourth fight with JMM and bradley, hed still be unbeaten in nearly 8 years of tough back to back fights.
          Has any fighter in history fought the level of competion Pac has, regularly back to back and not had a difficult opponent or two in that span of time? Dont think so, certainly not floyd! Flooyd doesnt even qualify for having fought anyone regularly, back to back, let alone tough opponents.
          So its hard to even include floyd in any historical discussion on any serious level.
          Last edited by hugh grant; 01-06-2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
            Look, thats the problem! You got it from both sides, Your a Pac fan correct? Me I luv boxing, people are gonna troll to get a rise. My thing is you have to realise Pac is good but, this resume is padded just like Mayweathers. I don't know if your one of the blind Pac fans that will say stupid $h!t, like Mayweather fights old fighters, when he fought De La Hoya a year before Pac, AND at Oscars actaul weight of 154, (yeah because he had to. Oscar was the golden ticket then). He fought Cotto after Pac, but at Cotto's current weight of 154, when Pac didn't want anything to do with Cotto at 154. I don't even discuss all that ducking bull****, because no one really knows whats going behind the scenes.
            IMO they both are first ballot HFO's no matter what
            Much respect to THIS post

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              Marquez's win over Pacquiao is greater than any win Floyd has on his resume.

FACT.
              so mayweathers win over marquez is greater then any win jmm has right?

Comment

• lol...pacblowers are pathetic. floyd has officially overtaken pac in terms of all-time greatness and it isn't even close.....jmm isn't floyd best win but it's better than any win on pac's resume. add the fact that floyd fought the better versions of common opponents and beat the better fighters.....this shouldn't even be a discussion. the poll results don't mean ish cause this board is infested with pac-tards, alts and floyd haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
                  lol...pacblowers are pathetic. floyd has officially overtaken pac in terms of all-time greatness .....jmm isn't floyd best win but it's better than any win on pac's resume. add the fact that floyd fought the better versions of common opponents and beat the better fighters.....this shouldn't even be a discussion. the poll results don't mean ish cause this board is infested with pac-tards, alts and floyd haters.
                  More like JMM has overtaken Floyd with his win over Pac. Ha ha, Floyd beat the better versions. I dont think JMM was a better version, bloating JMM and then coming over the limit on the scales means Floyds fans shouldnt even have the audacity to mention JMMs name when talking about their love of Floyd.

Pac beat the better version of hatton, it was at 140 hattons best weight. We all saw how bad hatton looked against Collazo, so lets not pretend hatton was superman when Floyd fought hatton please.
                  Hatton looked more like superman against Paul malliganagi and you are as good as your last fight. Hatton even remarked how good he was before fighting Pac and that he had become a better fighter since his loss to Floyd.

THe only valid excuse is Hatton had an off night against Pac, and i believe he did. But thats not Pacs fault for sure.

Comment

• Pac lost vs marquez, he was dominating but got k0d, it has happened to better boxers and fighters

Just like duran who is a higher atg than floyd, so is pac, his resume is incredible, he has challenged the best apart from martinez who was simply too big. Floyd on the other hand ducked and cherry picked his way to his 0

hell everyone knows he lost the 1st fight vs castillo, so those saying pac lost 4 times vs marquez better get their boxing knowledge in order...

there really is no debate, pac is greater, his resume is better

at the peak of his career floyd was fighting a bloated lightweight at 147...he was fighting a blown up 140 fighter at 147...

at pacs peak he was fighting the same blown up fighter but at his best weight, he was coming up 2 weight classes to fight oscar, he accepted a catchweight challenge by cotto moving up a weight class and then continued to give away 15-20 pounds to fight at a disadvantage vs guys like clottey and margarito..

floyd would not even defend his 154 belt against the best in that division (martinez) instead as I said, marquez at a bloated 147, hatton at 147, mosley 18 month lay off...ortiz and guerrero lmao need I say more?

Comment

• An obvious choice now, Mayweather. Each fight with Marquez has shown a lot of lack of confidence and lack of boxing knowledge. While Pacquiao has shown more wear and tear in his old age, Mayweather has shown more Knowledge and Competitiveness.
                      The fact Pacquiao showed so much trouble facing Marquez, yet I haven't seen Mayweather truely hurt/unconfident/ or even showed lack of Competitiveness. Mayweather in his next few fights could change a lot of what is thought of him.
                      Ofcourse their will still be haters.

Comment

Working...
                      X