Clear All

• Is Brian Viloria a HOFer.....

.....after he beats Roman Gonzalez?

Viloria has had a good career.

WBC Light Flyweight Champion
    IBF Light Flyweight Champion
    WBO Flyweight Champion
    WBA Flyweight Champion

He has several good wins over Aguirre, Solis, Miranda, Segura, Romero, Marquez,

Even his 4 losses to Estrada, Tamara, Sosa and Romero were close fights.

Yes. Viloria is in HOF if he beats Gonzalez.
    55.56%
    Yes. Even if he losses to Gonzalez, he's a HOFer.
    19.44%
    No. He's not a HOFer even if he beats Gonzalez.
    19.44%
    Don't know. But Brian Viloria is still Glenn and Nonito Donaire's daddy.
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Good question.

Viloria was always talented and always had some power. His championships and wins over highly ranked opponents gives him a good argument. Like I always say, if perennial contender/journeyman Gatti can be in the HOF, then why not. In terms of my own personal criteria, then I can not put Viloria in there.

Oh and Gonzalez takes him out.

Comment

If Cotto is, Viloria should be also. He's beaten some guys that were on the top 10 P4P list when he fought them.

Comment

nope. he's actually pretty overrated imo. i think gonzalez KOs him easy in the 2nd round. i'd be surprised if it went further than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          If Cotto is, Viloria should be also. He's beaten some guys that were on the top 10 P4P list when he fought them.
          Cotto is in because of popularity/money/draw NOT his actual resume. Viloria doesn't have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
            nope. he's actually pretty overrated imo. i think gonzalez KOs him easy in the 2nd round. i'd be surprised if it went further than that.
            i dunno.

no one really overrates viloria.

in fact he's underrated considering he KOed several top opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post

now i can see the ******edness that the Floyd f@gs see in you

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                now i can see the ******edness that the Floyd f@gs see in you
                viloria has only been stopped once right? in the 12th round when he was gassed?

but he'll get koed in 2?

Comment

I personally think so. Win, lose or draw Viloria will always be a personal favorite of mine. He has heart, power, skill and everything else when he is in top form. He fell and got back up and dusted his shoulders off before having another amazing run, taking out numerous top named fighters and dismantling a top ten pound for pound fighter in his prime at the time. He has a great resume and some memorable fights under his belt, he is always willing to trade fire with fire and gives it his all.

Big fan of the Hawaiin punch, I really hope he can pull off the upset against Roman but at this stage in his career, I'm not so sure. Who knows though, Viloria always finds a way to surprise us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    I personally think so. Win, lose or draw Viloria will always be a personal favorite of mine. He has heart, power, skill and everything else when he is in top form. He fell and got back up and dusted his shoulders off before having another amazing run, taking out numerous top named fighters and dismantling a top ten pound for pound fighter in his prime at the time. He has a great resume and some memorable fights under his belt, he is always willing to trade fire with fire and gives it his all.

Big fan of the Hawaiin punch, I really hope he can pull off the upset against Roman but at this stage in his career, I'm not so sure. Who knows though, Viloria always finds a way to surprise us all.
                    viloria always comes to fight win or lose. even when out of shape, he brings it.

viloria will be outboxed by chocolatito but viloria has power and roman is untested.

we'll see. viloria will be in top shape.

he usually looks good vs. top opponents.

Comment

Working...
                    X