Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In order to steal the September date from Canelo, who will F$M have to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In order to steal the September date from Canelo, who will F$M have to fight?

Personally, I think Cotto is going to choose to fight Mayweather instead of Canelo which in turn I believe can take the September date. One thing about boxing is anything is possible, Cotto has a tuff fight against Geale and anything could happen, a loss, an injury etc so Canelo and GBP putting all their eggs in one basket could equate to some trouble by opening their mouths to soon. This does put Cotto back in the drivers seat (where he likes to be) if he wins so Canelo himself will need a big opponent on standby which there isn't to many to choose from that would take the September date unless he fights GGG.

cotto that's about it

Comment

This is the same song and dance Canelo said about May 2nd

Cottos fighting in June so there's probably no way he rushes back in Sept to please Canelo. Canelo will probably fight Clottey in Sept on reg HBO while Mayweather can anyone including Rod Salka and it'll be a bigger fight

Canelo plays second fiddle at least for another 6 months

Comment

There is no one except ggg

Cotto Canelo obviously happens September

Epic fight

Comment

He can fight me and it wouldnt matter, Showtime is set for the year after the Floyd-Manny fight and Floyds "FINAL FIGHT" will do 900-1million regardless who he fights

Comment

Mayweather-Cotto is an awful fight

Only hardcore mayweather fans want to see it because they place value in the lineal title that only has face value alone

Its practically a Pacquiao rematch or nothing, theres just nothing left for the both of them. Matthysse and Khan? Lol

Comment

Floyd does not have to take anymore tough fights,this fight will be an easy fight and i do not blame him...It will be a fighter like Danny Garcia,hell i dont care if he fights Paulie Mallinaggi

Comment

Steal?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  Mayweather-Cotto is an awful fight

Only hardcore mayweather fans want to see it because they place value in the lineal title that only has face value alone

Its practically a Pacquiao rematch or nothing, theres just nothing left for the both of them. Matthysse and Khan? Lol
                  But Floyd has to fight in September, he even said as much. So, if Canelo does want to go up against him, if Floyd chooses Cotto, Canelo once again is ****ed. Mayweather/Cotto II or Canelo/Clottey on PPV, such a tough decision to make. The Floyd fight or don't get either, simple as that.

Comment

I'm still amazed Floyd didn't save the Manny fight for his last fight. Who else matters to him at this point? My guess is Cotto (although beyond the belt it doesn't matter in the least) or a soft touch like Swift. I would have bought out of my last fight with Showtime and called it a day.

Comment

Working...
                    X