No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: I'm Hoping To Fight Andre Ward This Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: I'm Hoping To Fight Andre Ward This Year

Newly crowned WBC Light Heavyweight champion Chad Dawson is coming off a big win over Bernard Hopkins and while that chapter is now closed in his book, Dawson is now looking ahead to his next big fight. Dawson appeared on the most recent edition of BoxingScene’s official audio show The Boxing Lab and spoke about possible opponents he’d like to face next.

[Click Here To Read More]

While I would prefer Ward fight Dawson at 175 I can't be mad at him if he takes the fight at 168, Chad shouldn't have opened that door for Ward.

Comment

Chad! Stop saying you are going to drop to 168 - just say you want the fight. Last thing we want is a drained Chad Dawson being bullied round the ring by the brilliant, but awful to watch, Ward. HAve this at 175, Ward can go up and he will fancy that his style can frustrate Chad. Great fight - terrible spectacle

Comment

That's a difficult fight to figure out.

Logic says that the taller, longer/naturally bigger guy should win a boxing match.

But Andre's a very smart and knows how to gameplan.

Comment

Bad Chad is not playing around, he is very confident. He's been like this since the first Hopkins fight. He's been more confident in himself and it showed in the second Hopkins fight. It's tough to beat Hopkins clearly like Dawson did. Watch Hopkins continue fighting the top 10 175 guys and no one will come close to beating Hopkins like Dawson did.

Comment

Ward would win that fight. He would befuddle Chad, get him really frustrated like B-Hop did. But Ward is younger, faster, and his reflexes are better.

Chad isn't mentally strong enough to beat Ward IMO. And I'm a big Dawson fan.

Comment

I like that Chad is making some noise...a closed mouth don't get fed....I guess '68 it is...Chad is considered big at '75 so I'm kinda skeptic about him being in top shape at '68....I have to see it to believe it....at '68 I got Ward...at '75 Chad takes it...some number in the middle is where it becomes a 50-50 fight imo....so I guess a catch number would be acceptable for THIS one....I know us hardcore heads gotta rule we go by...NO catchweights!!...but EVERY rule has an exception ....lets get it!!

Comment

Ward schools him

Comment

I'd rather see it a year or two from now at 175, just my opinion. Not sure why Dawson said he'd go to 168.

A CW of like 172 wouldn't be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    I like that Chad is making some noise...a closed mouth don't get fed....I guess '68 it is...Chad is considered big at '75 so I'm kinda skeptic about him being in top shape at '68....I have to see it to believe it....at '68 I got Ward...at '75 Chad takes it...some number in the middle is where it becomes a 50-50 fight imo....so I guess a catch number would be acceptable for THIS one....I know us hardcore heads gotta rule we go by...NO catchweights!!...but EVERY rule has an exception ....lets get it!!

I have no problem with catchweights as long as it isn't for a title. I feel that if you want to fight for a title in a division then it should be at the division limit.

Comment

Working...
                    X