Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy in my gym stopped talking to me because I wear Vibram fivefingers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by h4te View Post
    I can't believe you guys waste money on these things. Especially the OP who has like 5 pairs. LOLZ

Think about it for a second what purpose exactly do these serve for the average person? Are you planning on moving to some remote area, to live in a fuking cave and run around all day like a caveman chasing your food?

Seriously. I could see (maybe) if you were an elite athlete looking for any kind of edge however menial it may be. But we are talking about regular fuking people who work day jobs and train for fun. Face it, you just wear it to be "cool" because it's the latest fad.

Shoes that "tone your glutes" because you are too lazy to just do hard work to get the results you are after.
    I really don't understand the hate for these shoes. They're intended to be used for a certain purpose, like running shoes. I could've bought a pair of running shoes for the same price, but I'm looking for the added benefits of running barefoot.

How's it being lazy, if you can train multiple parts of your body at once, rather than doing them separately? That's training smart. Like doing power cleans rather than doing squats and/or deadlifts.

Originally posted by h4te View Post
    That still doesn't make him an elite level athlete, more like a weekend warrior of sorts, in which case they are still not really that necessary, especially having so many pairs.

And I've seen videos of you punching a heavy bag, I have a hard time envisioning you being able to run 20 meters let alone a marathon.

But lets say for arguments sake you did, did it really make that much of a difference? I'm guessing it really didn't. Whatever you experienced it was more than likely just a placebo.

Actually I'd say that describes you better and pretty much everyone else on this board in relation to these types of subjects.
    Where are you getting this idea that only elite level athletes should be using training accessories? You lift weights. Do you not take protein and other supplements? Do you not use lifting gloves, straps, maybe a belt for the heavy squat day? What the hell's so different from you spending money on that kind of stuff and someone spending money on Vibrams for THEIR training.

And the shoes could very well be a placebo effect. But many people have gone through many pairs for many years. After a while, I think it's safe to assume, it's no longer just a placebo effect.

Occasionally I do. But I have no desire to compete in marathons.

Ummm yeah, that's what we call the placebo effect
    See above.

The one where you whaled away on a 40lbs heavy bag with some of the ****tiest technique ever. I can't find it, don't feel like it either.

Don't make me go through your posts in the training section. Although it wouldn't make too much a difference considering nobody in here is competent enough to understand exactly how ******ed they are.

......I don't know if you've gotten it through your mongoloid head yet, but just because someone trains with weights doesn't make them a vain roidhead bodybuilder. I mean I've said it at least 10 dozen times, but surprisingly you just haven't got it.
    And just because someone chooses to train with the Vibrams, it doesn't make them an ignorant, hippy wanna-be elite runner just trying to look cool.

Man you really are stupid. You change your training habits, probably some lifestyle and diet changes. But yet you credit the shoes to taking the time off the clock.

Read about the placebo effect. You might find it quite riveting. If you can understand it.
    Isn't that what you do when you begin a new training regimen? With anything? I know when I add new supplements or accessories to my training, I tweak my diet and routine a little.

If you buy a new PWO drink and it causes you to increase your lifts by 5-10-20 lbs in a week or so, wouldn't you say it did its job? Even if it is JUST a placebo effect?

Maybe Spartacus bought the shoes to help him shave off seconds/minutes to his mile time (3 minutes does sound ridiculous though, unless you started running it in 10+ minutes). If it did JUST that, then the shoes benefited him.

I act a certain way because I'm tired of you feeding people bull**** advice that you pull out of thin air. Maybe others here have an easy time letting you tell people all sorts of lies and myths and bull**** but frankly, I find it pretty dangerous.

If that means I'm on roids because I call you out on your ******ation, well so be it.
    I don't see anyone on here feeding bull**** advice. Especially pulled out of thing air? There's years of reviews and articles you can find on these that support what Spartacus and Trigger are saying. Nobody's telling you you have to work out with these or you're not reaching your full training potential.

lol yeah. Apparently isn't familiar with the placebo effect or he's just plain full of ****.

Thank You.
    Same with what I said previously about the placebo effect.

How would chucks be just like the vibrams? Have you ever tried running miles in Chucks? The only time I wear Chucks to the gym is for squats and deads.

I just don't see how anyone can be so SURE about something if they've never used the product. It's quite ignorant and foolish to say Vibrams are of no benefit and to judge those that give it a try.

Anyways, I just bought my first pair. Can't wait to give them a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
      I have more questions about these shoes. Like how are your feet health wise after a long run?

Spartacus, did you just train in them or did you run the marathon in them?

Whats the blisters/corns/hard skin/dead skin coming off between the toes situation like after you put your feet through some serious punishment (and also through some reglular punishment) with these shoes?
      I would like to move this question to this page to see if someone can answer it.

I want to know MORE!

Comment

• Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
        I really don't understand the hate for these shoes. They're intended to be used for a certain purpose, like running shoes. I could've bought a pair of running shoes for the same price, but I'm looking for the added benefits of running barefoot.

How's it being lazy, if you can train multiple parts of your body at once, rather than doing them separately? That's training smart. Like doing power cleans rather than doing squats and/or deadlifts.

Where are you getting this idea that only elite level athletes should be using training accessories? You lift weights. Do you not take protein and other supplements? Do you not use lifting gloves, straps, maybe a belt for the heavy squat day? What the hell's so different from you spending money on that kind of stuff and someone spending money on Vibrams for THEIR training.

And the shoes could very well be a placebo effect. But many people have gone through many pairs for many years. After a while, I think it's safe to assume, it's no longer just a placebo effect.

See above.

And just because someone chooses to train with the Vibrams, it doesn't make them an ignorant, hippy wanna-be elite runner just trying to look cool.

Isn't that what you do when you begin a new training regimen? With anything? I know when I add new supplements or accessories to my training, I tweak my diet and routine a little.

If you buy a new PWO drink and it causes you to increase your lifts by 5-10-20 lbs in a week or so, wouldn't you say it did its job? Even if it is JUST a placebo effect?

Maybe Spartacus bought the shoes to help him shave off seconds/minutes to his mile time (3 minutes does sound ridiculous though, unless you started running it in 10+ minutes). If it did JUST that, then the shoes benefited him.

I don't see anyone on here feeding bull**** advice. Especially pulled out of thing air? There's years of reviews and articles you can find on these that support what Spartacus and Trigger are saying. Nobody's telling you you have to work out with these or you're not reaching your full training potential.

Same with what I said previously about the placebo effect.

How would chucks be just like the vibrams? Have you ever tried running miles in Chucks? The only time I wear Chucks to the gym is for squats and deads.

I just don't see how anyone can be so SURE about something if they've never used the product. It's quite ignorant and foolish to say Vibrams are of no benefit and to judge those that give it a try.

Anyways, I just bought my first pair. Can't wait to give them a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by h4te View Post
          Of course not...

Comment

• Hey anybody!

How are these things on your feet?

I'm talking blisters, corns, hard skin etc and what kind of punishment can the shoe take over short and long distances?

Would you run a marathon in them and what state would your feet be in at the end?

Comment

Hey anybody!

I'm talking blisters, corns, hard skin etc and what kind of punishment can the shoe take over short and long distances?

Would you run a marathon in them and what state would your feet be in at the end?
              Sorry these fools arent responding to you. I just ordered a pair of the Bikila LS's. I read a ton of reviews online before picking them up. You won't find much help on here, especially with the haters. The ones I got offer better support and are made more for long distances. I read a review where a lady wore them for a half-marathon and she said he feet were fine afterwards. No blisters or anything because of the extra support. Hope that helps.

Comment

Hey anybody!

1. I wear socks with my VFF so I don't get blisters. I also use this to protect my feet against blisters. http://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Organic.../dp/B00028LUB8

2. I don't have any corns
                3. These shoes are made to take alot of punishment. I've been throught trails and mud and they help damn good.
                4. I would never run a marathon in these. But I know people who have and they loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
                  1. I wear socks with my VFF so I don't get blisters. I also use this to protect my feet against blisters. http://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Organic.../dp/B00028LUB8

2. I don't have any corns
                  3. These shoes are made to take alot of punishment. I've been throught trails and mud and they help damn good.
                  4. I would never run a marathon in these. But I know people who have and they loved it.

I was wondering about distance with these things.

I have high arches and have run half-marathons in the past, but since I am a rather tall, big guy, 6'4-6'5 my shoes take a pounding.

I often think running almost barefoot for a spell of time is something you kind of have to do for years.

For short distances, for 5ks and stuff it wouldn't be so bad, but in a crowded race start, I can see some mofos stepping on them...

Comment

• I'm gonna get a pair of the treks.

I just realised my last but one pair of walking boots were vibrams...weird.
                    Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 05-18-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna get a pair of the treks.

I just realised my last but one pair of walking boots were vibrams...weird.
                      Warning: These shoes are very addictive . I now own 12 pairs.

Comment

Working...
                      X