Comments Thread For: Froch: Golovkin's Promoter Ruled Out Fight at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Andy Lee is a real challenge to ggg???

The same Andy Lee who got KTFO by the non-training, smoking weed, high as a kite Chavez jr.???

Ok! Wonder how their going to hype that shty fight...
    So whats the best direction for GGG right now?

Comment

• Best direction is to bend over and take what ever canelo offers! The lower the weight then ask for more cash to compensate for it. Beat canelo, move up to 168 where their are much better fighters.

Or he can fight Gran Tureno Johnson wot Clint Eastwood as the ref!!!

Comment

• Shot themselves in the foot

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          No need for too much explanation.

If it is for money and only for the money, Golovkin should better fight Canelo at 154, where the don't share and/or dispute any belts.

If they have to fight with the Middleweight belts on the table they will have to fight at Middleweights -- say at least 157. It's about "principle" and money.
          It will be however Canelo wants it to be. He calls the shots.

GGG just needs to decide if he wants to finally get a signature win or if he's going to make excuses and turn down the opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            All these bums trying to get the GGG sweepstakes and expecting him to fight above hs weight class too. Froch couldnt even beat Andre "Cow" Ward who is ducking GGG like a paternity test
            Wow. This guy is Delusional 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
              i remember GGG saying he would fight anyone from 154-168 pounds.

i guess that means not figthing canelo at 155, ward at 168.
              ;
              how can GGG die hard fans be such POS.

ward and canelo both outbox that bum.
              Every single word of this post is truth

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                I wouldn't be so sure. I remember reading an article awhile ago that was going into details of Golovkin's issues with his German promoter. Somewhere in there was a quote from him saying he will never let anyone else decide his fate again. His career got derailed by 3-4 years because of his previous promoter, I would hope he learned his lesson.
                Because like you he's a fckin moron lmaO

He's not smart enough to take control of his own fckin career and generate billions

Like Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  Im still torn on it. Part of me wants to see GGG take the 155 and bash Canelos face in. The other part of me wants GGG to stand on tradition and tell Canelo to kick rocks and fight at 160 or vacate.

Problem is, that when it comes to "promotional rights", very little is actually up to the fighter. It will be K2 making the decision, not GGG himself.

Which tells me that if there is the slightest chance GGG can make 155 and still stand upright, K2 will take it.
                  Problem is it's not about tradition to GGG or his team any more, probably never was. It's always been about money. Why else would they say that they'll drop down to fight Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
                    Problem is it's not about tradition to GGG or his team any more, probably never was. It's always been about money. Why else would they say that they'll drop down to fight Floyd
                    a number of reasons:

1: free publicity

2: pretty much anyone within 3 divisions either way would love a floyd fight.

3. with a .00001% chance of it actually happening, why not talk about it? Nothing to lose

4: you never know, maybe the 1 in 100,000,000 chance happens and Floyd calls their bluff and its a career changing fight. Beating an all time great looks pretty good on a resume.

For GGG, I dont think a Floyd fight would be a money grab, because GGG doesnt really have that strong a negotiating position with Floyd. I can only think of 4 guys (Oscar, Pac, Canelo, Cotto) that made over $5 million against Floyd, and GGG doesnt have the leverage or fan base of any of those guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                      Tom trying to save what's left of Lil G's rep....he had no choice but to say no because the Ward files would get reopened and those lames want none of that
                      Did you see Ward's email proof? Yeah, me either, matter of fact no one saw it because it doesn't exist. When Ward doesn't want to fight someone, he requests a series of tune up fights for easy money and then fakes an injury before the fight instead of just saying he didn't want the fight to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X