Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya To Mayweather: Let's Bury The Hatchet!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was a good letter but got confused when he brought up the bop and bringing up don king out of retirement. That came from way left field

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
      I need to see a video because i read it with a lot of sarcasm.
      Yea me too without being able to hear the tone of his words. "Teary eyed" lol okay Oscar. "Bring Don King outta retirement" knowing Mayweather promotions co-promoted a show with him last week. Yea I call bull****. And when someone uses the term "bury the hatchet" there always seems to be a highly sarcastic intention with that specific term cuz its often "buried" in their enemies back lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        I thought it was a good letter but got confused when he brought up the bop and bringing up don king out of retirement. That came from way left field
        I feel like it was a diss. Mayweather Promotions co-promoted a show last week with Don King Promotions.

And I'm sure the Bob Arum remark was just used knowing Bob & Floyd have an even worse history than Oscar & Floyd.

Comment

this dldo inserter clearly has mayweather problems beyond the boxing ring

Comment

Even when you remove all of Oscar's iniquities, there was not one ounce of sincerity in that plea.

Comment

Oscar needs another bump...

Then back to the usual high school stuff with Floyd.

Comment

The Legend of the Fallen King

All kings have their times, kingdoms, queens and power. They sit regally upon their thrones dispensing dictates and royal diatribes. They linger in opulence and sometimes in tyranny. But all kings, all of them eventually fall. One doesn't have to be an expert on body language and appearance to know that Oscar De La Hoya is "hurting" like a mother****a. The look of desperation in his eyes, the recent embarrassments aka the Rousey debacle and never having a "blueprint" leave him looking like he wants to find a backdoor. I bet you if you sit him in an empty room by himself for 20 minutes he'd start getting "dope sick."

But even in magnificent destruction Oscar can't look totally bad, he's the "Golden Boy," and for better or worse that title has allowed him to not just get wealthy but to elevate a sport that ultimately sucks the life out of its current and former champions. The writing was on the wall when he lost his heat shield in Richard Schaefer. Although we don't know the particulars of their disagreements and split, we're seeing more now of the king without his royal vestments. We're seeing an Oscar that's desperate and reaching for a way to boost his company and he attempted to do it on the back of a former opponent.

Sometimes fame creates personal demons and other times it nurtures those dwelling just beneath the surface. Fame provides the dry kindling for self-destruction and continues to provide a vast array of cautionary tales, disasters and misplaced Greek tragedies. Behind the golden sheen is a type of rot, and I'm afraid we're all witness to it most times this guy appears in the media. I hope he gets a win of some kind soon, for his sake....

Comment

Coka must have seen all the comments killing him for the playboy article and tried to save face. Why isn't he talking about the fight?

If this fight doesn't sell its all his fault. Wasted air time and magazine space talking about Floyd. Has he even mentioned canelo?

Comment

Oscar looks weird now..One second, he's laughing hysterically and then he turns serious the next second...

Comment

oscar you are like kabuki theatre

one second you are laughing
                      the next you are crying
                      the next you are missing cannel's fight with mayweather on a drug/prostitute/crossdressing binge
                      you demand sympathy and understanding for your issues yet you criticize people who do not have these issues with an air of invincibility because of your disease and foibles
                      you will relapse soon enough - maybe this time those two iditots who train canelo will let him read the internet and news and understand whats happened and he will also fire you as its a disgrace
                      or glolovkin will just crush him ...
                      every time you criticize floyd he becomes more relevant and more of a promotor - and your star wanes - thanks for keeping him relevant you week philandering crossdressing drug addict

Comment

Working...
                      X