Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how good is Mike Alvarado?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got exceptionally lucky in koing breidis Prescott who was out boxing him with ease. Prescott himself has been outboxed by domestic level uk fighters.

Very lucky in being matched against rios.

A club fighter JMM should not have to break a sweat over although I will be rooting for the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Out boxing the very slow footed Rios has lead him to falsely believe he can box. I also see a lack of confidence as well.
      Though I do think he has modestly more craft, and modestly more adaptability than Rios or Provo. God only knows what we'll get in the ring between him and JMM.

Comment

Hes a Solid fighter but thats where it ends at.

Comment

At his best? He was always a solid B- fighter, could never truly establish himself as a breakout guy on Top Rank pay-per-views, but was always in a fun fight. I think by the time he had that war with Breidis Prescott that Top Rank realized they needed to spin this guy off into a big fight before someone beat him off-tv.

He's a big welterweight, very physically strong and durable as all get out. That said, I think we've already seen his best stuff as a fighter. The wars - there have been too many in too short a time frame - have undoubtedly taken something out of him physically. Emotionally too, perhaps.

Not saying that he can't beat Marquez though. He's bigger than Marquez, if JMM isn't able to move about the way he once could, if his reflexes have faded any, and if he isn't as dedicated as he was, Alvarado is a big, strong body coming at him full speed.

Comment

Working...
          X