Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux To Donaire: Prepare For What's Coming!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is that KEV guy hiding out?? He said: "Okay. What are you going to say when Donaire signs to fight Mijares or one of the guys I mentioned?" (instead of Rigo).

Comment

• Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
      If by good you mean entertaining,then Guillermo ain't winning. The only way Rigo wins this is to make it into a boring jabbing fight.
      Originally posted by IIG View Post
      I totally agree that an entertaining fight is exactly what Rigo does not want.
      I don't agree that Rigo has to make it a boring fight in order to win. He has the skills and physical ability to make this an entertaining bout. I'm not talking about a brawl, of course, but Guille can mix things up and keep it interesting.

I agree that Donaire's power is a concern, and that Rigo's chin doesn't inspire confidence, but there's this growing notion that all Nonito has to do is hit Guillermo once on the chin and the fight is over. It's way overdone. While Donaire has the power to KO almost anyone with one shot, it's not a forgone conclusion that it'll happen to Rigo on the night of April 13.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I don't agree that Rigo has to make it a boring fight in order to win. He has the skills and physical ability to make this an entertaining bout. I'm not talking about a brawl, of course, but Guille can mix things up and keep it interesting.

I agree that Donaire's power is a concern, and that Rigo's chin doesn't inspire confidence, but there's this growing notion that all Nonito has to do is hit Guillermo once on the chin and the fight is over. It's way overdone. While Donaire has the power to KO almost anyone with one shot, it's not a forgone conclusion that it'll happen to Rigo on the night of April 13.
        Especially since that almost never happens at this level. And when it does, its usually when its not expected. Maybe Donaire does stop Rigondeaux with a single shot, but it will almost definitely not be so simple as, "Rigo can't take a single hard punch from Donaire."

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Especially since that almost never happens at this level. And when it does, its usually when its not expected. Maybe Donaire does stop Rigondeaux with a single shot, but it will almost definitely not be so simple as, "Rigo can't take a single hard punch from Donaire."
          Yeah, I mean, Rigo will almost certainly take a couple of good shots in this fight. I can see him going down, but not necessarily out. Hitting the canvass and going "night-night" are two different things. I think a much more likely KO scenario for Donaire would be stunning Guillermo with a good shot, then following up with some quality blows. But I don't see that happening to as good a defensive fighter as Rigondeaux. Guille will almost certainly tie up or move as soon as he gets caught with something solid. The most likely way Nonito wins is by decision, based on activity.

Comment

• Much more excited at the prospect of a Mares-Donaire bout, though I doubt that'll happen. That's the best fight to be made.

As much as people depend on Rigondeaux's skills to defend him, he is unproven at the top level. The argument that his chin didn't look great against mediocre opposition makes it worse.

Of course, if you are a fan, you are going to support your fighter. But from an objective point of view, Donaire is so much more proven. Subjectively, I can see Donaire winning by KO pretty early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              For sure..bro nobody want to focking bet for Donaire man I only could do 1 bet(30 billions)
              I see your 30 Billion and raise you another 20 Billion

Donaire over Rigo

Comment

• 300 billion on Rigo.

Comment

• cool...a fight I wished for is gonna happen.....props to both Teams for making this fight...real talk!!...so many fights get killed by the suit and tie cats and their funny ass politics.....if Mares can get the winner without the political bs...that would be super cool!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    I see your 30 Billion and raise you another 20 Billion

Donaire over Rigo
                    I m gonna send you a private message to confirm..

Comment

• Can't Wait!

Comment

Working...
                      X