Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think that James Kirkland not fighting is good for him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirkland is a beast in the ring, he was born to fight. He's ferocious and fearless and gives fans their money's worth. James Kirkland belongs in the ring fighting not d1cking around outside getting into trouble and spending money.

I was Kirkland's promoter I would match him up against guys that would make him look good. I wouldn't put him in with Canelo or Lara until he's at that world level, again

Comment

Kirkland should fight more often of course. I doubt the guy will ever be a world champion. He has been fighting a long time and is not a champion. With 4 world titles in each weight class a real good fighter wins a world title long before they are Kirkland's age even if it's one of the weaker titles. Kirkland is exciting and he comes to fight. He throws lots of hard punches with both hands and he goes for the kill constantly. The problem is he is very easy to hit on the jaw and he doesn't take a punch very will. I think he will be in the bottom part of the top ten contenders for a year or two more but I don't think he is good enough to ever win a title. Possibly he could win a title over a Bundrage or Ishe Smith but Canelo or Lara would easily knock him out in my opinion. Kirkland is just not that good. He is way to easy to hit and too easy to hurt.

Comment

Lot of good replies and thoughts. If he must continue fighting, I wouldn't mind seeing him against lesser competition, for his own sake. I agree that the Canelos and Laras will only hurt him. I love boxing, but I love people firstly and would hate to see this sport ruin him. I also do agree that there is a great possibility that he can go wrong outside the ring as well. Maybe it makes me a jerk for saying; but if he is to destroy himself, I'd prefer it be away from the ring. I don't want my dime paying for it.

However, it is possible (whether greatly or no) that he can actually turn his life around. He and Ann are from similar backgrounds and she seems to have made a decent life for herself. Hopefully, he will be able to, as well at some point.

Comment

Working...
        X