Will Andre Ward ever fight again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Boring yes,,,

overrated,, come on now,,, dude cleaned out a division and never has had a close fight,,, some people have froch on p4p lists

ward may be boring but not overrated,,,

wlad, floyd, hopkins all are boring yet they dominate,, same with ward
    Do Sakio Bika and Darnell Boone count? I agree he's an excellent fighter, he accumulated a very good resume as a result of the Super Six and is one of the few who can fight as well on the inside as on the outside. I would have hoped he had fought more often and not wasted all his momentum. Hopefully he can stay active next year and build back some momentum.
    Last edited by BafanaBafana; 08-21-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Is this a serious question?

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
        Do Sakio Bika and Darnell Boone count? I agree he's an excellent fighter, he accumulated a very good resume as a result of the Super Six and is one of the few who can fight as well on the inside as on the outside. I would have hoped he had fought more often and not wasted all his momentum. Hopefully he can stay active next year and build back some momentum.
        The Bika fight wasn't close. It was an ugly rough fight but Ward clearly won. Yes the fight against Darnell Boone was close. He even got knocked down but that was early in his career. Ward has really been able to step his game up since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
          Hopefully not he's the most boring overrated fighter out there right now.
          Ridiculous.

He will fight again, and it will likely be boring.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Toney View Post
            ward should spend his time out.... gaining some weight..... hitting the weights....

and step up to light heavy.... good fights up there....

he's cleaned up at 168.
            Call Ward what you want but he dominated Froch. Alledgedly with an injured hand.

Comment

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
              Hopefully not he's the most boring overrated fighter out there right now.
              Yeah dude is fuqqing boring n I don't think he's that great either as ppl say. I get killed all the time for saying that but I honestly feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post

not really.

the bika fight was not close. boring? yes. close? no. bika didn't come close to winning more rounds. the boone fight was ward's seventh, and he had been a pro for less than a year. it was a six round fight, so the knockdown was tough to come back from. ward showed a lot in that fight by being able to regain his composure and get back on the jab to finish strong.

if you want to call the boone fight "close" because ward was in danger i will agree with that. boone seriously hurt him with that uppercut.

Comment

Wanna see him move up and fight stevenson in canada and kovalev in nyc

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    not really.

the bika fight was not close. boring? yes. close? no. bika didn't come close to winning more rounds. the boone fight was ward's seventh, and he had been a pro for less than a year. it was a six round fight, so the knockdown was tough to come back from. ward showed a lot in that fight by being able to regain his composure and get back on the jab to finish strong.

if you want to call the boone fight "close" because ward was in danger i will agree with that. boone seriously hurt him with that uppercut.
                    It was close because Boone knocked him down and nearly had him KO'd and it was also pretty close on the official scorecards with Ward winning by 1 to 2 points on two of the three scorecards. If that's not a close fight then I don't know what is.

About the Bika fight some crazy people on this site complained about Bika being robbed. I personally think Ward won a close but clear decision; 115-113 or 116-112. Ward did not look good in that fight and faded a little late in the fight. Ward has looked great since that fight but let's not try to rewrite history here.
                    Last edited by BafanaBafana; 08-21-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

With all the hype provided from the ko's by Stevenson n Drago, Ward should jump up n fight one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X