No announcement yet.

Yodsanan Nanantachai

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yodsanan Nanantachai

Curious if anyone has any information on this 130 pounder from Thailan does he have the skills to do well against Barrera,Morales or Pacquiao what kind of fighting style does he employ? Is he a banger with little skills? Who is he fighting next.

Click the "Search" button jont, you'll find posts and threads about him and possible match-ups with either Morales and/or Barrera.

Just to share my opinion of him after seeing him live at Sanam Luang, BKK on the King's birthday against Lamont Pearson, on TV against Lakva Sim, Ryuhei Sugita and Steve Forbes...he's a big superfeatherweight (built like a welterweight!) with good fundamentals and real KO power. He's transformed from a slugger to boxer/counterpuncher (see his fight vs. Forbes), has good lateral movements and throws quick combos with power.

IMO he's a worthy opponent for Morales, Barrera and Pacquiao, and any other top fighter from 130~135. He has challenged Freitas, Morales and Barrera, but it seems he's not that "marketable" for HBO yet. He's been avoided by his mandatories Barrios and Campbell before, feigning injuries. A proposed fight with bright prospect Robert Guerrero didn't happen. It's quite frustrating for him really, he's a legit WBA champ and yet he can't get some meaningful fights...looks like he'll just be fighting mandatories at the moement. He'll be fighting a guy named 'Loco' Mosquera next, his mandatory challenger.

BTW, he once was called the "Thai Tyson" 'cuz he just KO's his opponents like bowling pins, but that nickname belongs to Hall of Famer Khaosai Galaxy, so he just reverted back to his old muay thai name simply as "3K Battery".
    Last edited by mr. bojangles; 01-14-2005, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Here's an interesting article on Yodsanan 3K Battery Nanthachai from ringsidereport.

Barrera can opt to fight the WBA champ

Yodsanan Nanthachai (3-K Battery) - Although he is not yet a big name in America, 3-K Battery is without a doubt an elite fighter at 130 pounds. If Barrera decides to take on the best regardless of money or notoriety, then Nanthachai would be next. In reality that is not likely to happen, but it is one of the most intriguing matches that can be made in the sport. Both are versatile boxer punchers with relatively similar fighting styles. I have only seen 3-K Battery in action twice so it is difficult to determine who would win if he fought Barrera. From what I have seen he looks like a monster so Barrera would be in for a long night, win or lose, if he decided to fight the Thai champion.

Comment

any pics of Yodsanan 3k, i loke to see what this monster looks like ....

he maybe a possible future opponent of the PAC ...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
            any pics of Yodsanan 3k, i loke to see what this monster looks like ....

he maybe a possible future opponent of the PAC ...

I don't want to see Pacquiao against this man, he's bigger than Morales! Could be almost the same height, but the similarity ends there...he's built like a carabao. As p_montero of Pacland would describe him "...a welterweight masquerading as a superfeatherweight...". Fred Montilla the lightweight sparring partner of Pacman got KO'd in 4.

Comment

Here's some thoughts from the challenger Vicente 'Loco' Mosquera:

So you’re already training for that fight against Nanthachai?
              Yes. I was back in the gym four days after my last fight in 2004, which was on early December. So there was no real holiday season for me. I’m already focused on the title fight and doing an according routine. We’re now looking for some southpaws and strong sparring partners, which are difficult to find in Panama, so we’ll bring them from Colombia. And as soon as we know the exact date of the fight we will set our training camp outside Panama City, in order to avoid any distractions.

Have you seen some Nanthachai’s fights?
              So far, I’ve only seen two of his fights, the ones against Lakva Sim and Lamont Pearson. He’s a tough guy, yet his strength starts fading in the second half of his fights. Even though he is a ZURDO, he only uses his right hand, throwing overhands all the time. I don’t think he is a puncher. He is more like a fighter that overwhelms his foes.

What was your first impression when you seen him?
              I said to myself 'I can beat him.' There’s no need to be worried if I come up with a great condition to face him. I have to move around so I can take him off balance and then I will be able to outpunch him all night long.

from *********

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What's a 'Zurdo'?

Comment

Working...
              X