Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Alvarado win the rematch if he stays on the outside?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think thats his best chance of winning, he cant go inside and win againts Rios. Rios will wear him out again, but if he swallows his pride and just boxes him from the outside he can win.

Comment

He will be able to box on the outside for a little bit but then his warrior spirit will take over and he will be sucked into another toe to toe war

Comment

Very true, Alvarado blew the first fight, he was owning Rios. The difference is Rios was able to hurt him bad and Alvarado wasn't and the was the deciding factor.

Comment

anyone who doesnt suck completely can make rios look foolish.. at times.

the hard part is keeping it up for 12 rounds without getting worn down and knocked out. i dont think alvarado can consistently follow that kind of gameplan when someone is applying that kind of pressure on him.

in a rematch he would most likely do better job of boxing early and win more rounds, the fight would last longer but in the end see the same result. imo.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            He can't stay on the outside it's just not his game. He did his pretend boxer thing as well as he could the first time.
            I agree. He tried it in the first fight but everytime he got tagged, he just went back to brawling.

Comment

hek no, i knew he would try to outbox Rios the first match thats why i knew he would lose, lol at everybody that said Rios suck n would get whooped

his best chance its to go to war with him, he might have more power than Rios

Comment

Alvarado was outboxing him in a big way in the first fight. But the problem was that he was hitting Rios with everything but the kitchen sink and he couldn't hurt Rios, whereas when Rios landed a big punch he hurt Alvarado big time.
                So unless he has the discipline to stay on the outside the whole fight then Rios would probably win again.

Comment

Alvarado was doing well when he boxed, but he needs to be careful on the inside cuz he was getting caught with stuff he didn't see. He needs to throw jabs to the body and then follow it up with overhand rights.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 12-29-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Alvarado can win fighting on the inside but not for too long. Do some in and out fighting and he could win.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

His attempts to box failed miserably the first time, they'd fail miserably the second time as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X