Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Steven Luevano an Arum sleeper agent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
    i'm not sure i agree Spray...Luevano might not be a superstar but he is a very polished pro with good skills...they put Juanma up against a counterpunching champ on his move up to FW...there was quite a bit of risk there IMO
    According to Kellerman's many comments throughout the fight, it sounds like the Juanma camp knew that Luevano was going to be a soft touch going in.

He mentioned it at least 3 times throughout the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by -jack- View Post
      according to kellerman's many comments throughout the fight, it sounds like the juanma camp knew that luevano was going to be a soft touch going in.

He mentioned it at least 3 times throughout the broadcast.
      trying to discredit juanma wat a hater go talk about ur man who got caught with plaster

Comment

Originally posted by 407BoriKua View Post
        trying to discredit juanma wat a hater go talk about ur man who got caught with plaster
        This thread is about Luevano. Did you watch the broadcast? I'm going by what Kellerman was saying about it.

But when Mellow claims that he' was a champ at 22 and 26' you gotta call bull****.

Thats the same thing *****'s and *******s do when they claim he was the champ when in fact he only picked up paper titles.

Real fans aren't fooled by those tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by -jack- View Post
          this thread is about luevano. Did you watch the broadcast? I'm going by what kellerman was saying about it.

But when mellow claims that he' was a champ at 22 and 26' you gotta call bull****.

Thats the same thing *****'s and *******s do when they claim he was the champ when in fact he only picked up paper titles.

Real fans aren't fooled by those tricks.
          of course i watched it and i kno what he said ur still always discrediting juanma fought a champ hes still tryna build himself up u act like he should be fighting the best he fought a champ who had never been stopped and kod his ass easily

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
            He seemed to me like he was not mentally there. It looked like he took the role of opponent imo. It seemed to me he wasnt there to win but try to just make it a tough fight for Lopez.
            i really felt the same way...but then i looked at the way he was gift wrapped for juanma...dude could basically never have existed to the casual fans for anything other than that moment...but i think it was really hbo that did that...they were so biased in their commentating and focused so much on juanma that you really had no choice but to look at it as "when juan wins" or after juan wins"...they treated luevano as a tune up from the get...

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
              i really felt the same way...but then i looked at the way he was gift wrapped for juanma...dude could basically never have existed to the casual fans for anything other than that moment...but i think it was really hbo that did that...they were so biased in their commentating and focused so much on juanma that you really had no choice but to look at it as "when juan wins" or after juan wins"...they treated luevano as a tune up from the get...
              Good post.

Comment

I think you're painting it a bit too deliberate and grandiose.

I think the truth is Arum had a B guy, got him as far as he could (world champion), and then cashed him in on his A guy. Same notion, just a little less conspiratorially.

I don't think Luevano was a bad fighter. He had some nice, smooth skills plus the southpaw look. Wasn't a strong champion, but he is a top 10 contender.

Comment

"Luevano sucks" since day one i was fellowing his boxing career i was like he can make it to the top but then i saw he was to weak, glass chin no hunger the guy has no will to win iam glad even the hbo crew saw this at the end
                  and for the guy saying they were biase aginst Luevano i cant blame them they were not like that at first they were rideing Luevano nuts but like i said then they saw he was to soft to be a boxer i cant blame them
                  Last edited by solo20; 01-24-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
                    I think you're painting it a bit too deliberate and grandiose.

I think the truth is Arum had a B guy, got him as far as he could (world champion), and then cashed him in on his A guy. Same notion, just a little less conspiratorially.

I don't think Luevano was a bad fighter. He had some nice, smooth skills plus the southpaw look. Wasn't a strong champion, but he is a top 10 contender.
                    Its possible, but its also possible that Arum and other shrewd promoters have a stable of paper champs to feed to their blue chippers when the time is right.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      I agree with your post. margarito was in the same situation when he was supposed to fight Cotto, but he was having none of that.
                      yeah Tony really fuked up the plans there, all the talk prior to that was Cotto vs. De La Hoya and we all know what happened

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                      Luevano was a throw in for Arum...he had a cousin, Martin Martinez who was a blue-chip prospect...some circles out here in socal were very high on Martinez but he was a **** up outside of the ring

anyways, when Arum went on to sign Martinez, Luevano tagged along and they saw he had decent skills so they kept him around...when Martinez got sent to jail for drug trafficking, he was left with just Luevano

that Martinez kid, IIRC beat Cotto in some olympic qualifying fight..

yup Arum was intrested in Martinez but that guy ended up being a screw up Martinez is waiting for his sentencing on an attempted murder charge

Comment

Working...
                      X