Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robbie Lawler: Mayweather wouldn't last 2 minutes with any top UFC fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you notice, it's always boxers being called out by mma fighters to do mma. One time I'd like to see these **** talkers rave about getting in a boxing ring. Talk about beating someone at their game, not your own.

Comment

In other news...I hope dillashaw gets his fake a$$ beat tomorrow by my boy Cruz. 3rd and K all day baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        My question is, why don't you see these guys try to say they could be a boxer at their own sport? Why always try to push for boxers to come to UFC. Is it because most UFC fighters lack great standup.

Ironic though because Robbie is a 170lber, why isn't he bring up Kovalev?
        How are people on this website failing to comprehend that Lawler didn't "call out" Mayweather! A journalist asked him about the situation and he answered honestly, he's not looking for a fight with Mayweather or any boxer

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          whenever he gets to the worst chin of any major player in MMA history at HW.

you don't remember how crap his chin was, do you ? he'd literally start to roll around on the ground like he was on fire, when he got hit. fighting was foreign completely foreign to him. it was almost like he felt the need to spin around himself when the room started to spin the guy had hardly and fights, and could be easily rattled.

you can discount that couture had been in the UFC since the 90's, and that he had been an athlete at a top level since he was a kid in a brutal sport [wrestling.] lesnar is 15 years younger than he is, IIRC.

Lesnar was basically a shell of himself in his last three fights fights; he almost died after being diagnosed with diverticulitis and twice had surgery, which eventually ended up with them having to remove a foot of the colon from his body.

And we weren't comparing Lesnar (who had more serious injuries from his few years in WWE than Couture ever had in MMA) to Couture; we were comparing a literal punch drunk to Couture.

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          I love how people, MMA fans like to put Lesnar on a pedestal. The man was a freak show, the equivalent to Butterbean or best to compare Primo Carnera because he was exactly that... A freak show who should have never won a Title but did so because of physical attributes compared to his opposition. People forget how much the man Disliked being hit and how his reaction was to it... Hysterical at times.

Put a 25 year old Couture in with a 25 year old Lesnar.... The fight goes 50/50, possibly 70-30 in Coutures favor because of Lesnar lack of a chin and I'll say it, Coutures superior wrestling technique

LOL @ comparing him to Butterbean or Carnera. How many 280 pound men on the planet are as agile, athletic or explosive as Lesnar was? He was a complete freak of an athlete; there's a reason why he was being courted by NFL teams even though he had little to zero experience playing that sport.

Couture was never a better wrestler than Lesnar, either. One guy was an NCAA champion and the other was an All American (this was when the guy was in his late 20's, by the way.) Then you had in the massive difference in size and strength and the result becomes even more of a formality.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Believe that if you will, I trained in the same gym with him for 1.5 years and watched him get injections in his ass cheak on a nearly daily basis (as were 90% of people in the gym). Everyone in mma especially ufc are on something it's only the real dumb ones who get caught, every one in the industry knows this.
            Riiight... And what gym was that can I ask?

Comment

Yet we recently saw an ex boxing champion embarrass their biggest star!

Comment

[QUOTE=Eff Pandas;16393122]
                Fwiw I'm not saying every boxer is losing to every MMA guy in a street fight. I'm just saying that in a street fight MMA is a superior range of skills to possess & the MMA guys are gonna win the war even if they happen to lose some battles. Too many street fights include more than just striking/boxing & once a fight is on the ground a boxers chances go down drastically of winning.

SUGAR RAY LENRD:
                Errr...Do you really think that Boxers were not street fighters first? 90% of all boxers come from the streets & well naturally have the skills. From my experience in the gym only 10 % of UFC fighters are street fighters. Here is a comment of a UFC fighter; I don't like boxing ...it's too GHETTO....

*My point about Toney in his prime, he would've knock the crap off that dude....nuff said...
                Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 01-19-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Lol Everyone is always talking about street fighting.

How about we just like to the Republican Party and true Americans like the NRA.

And just grab our guns, forget MMA Vs Boxing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Now this is getting to be really pathetic. I am not a Floyd Mayweather Jr fanboy nor am I a hater but I will say this, Floyd Mayweather is a FAR superior athlete to any UFC or MMA fighter. Had Floyd dedicated his craft to MMA at a young age to a different Martial art instead of boxing, I have no doubt in my mind Floyd would be known as one of the greatest mixed martial artists ever but he didnt so these jealous MMA fighters need to keep his name out of their mouth. I have no doubt Floyd out trains any UFC fighter physically & mentally for that matter. I think Holly Holm proved that an elite boxer can train can leave the sport and be successful in MMA if the time was dedicated to it and I see it going no different if Floyd were to do so but hes to old and rich for that so I see no sense. People hate on Floyd but the man is a workout machine which is one of the main reasons why I went from being a Floyd hater to really respecting him as an athlete in the sport I love.
                    The thing is, these are two different sports. I don't think anybody can deny that an elite boxer can become successful in the MMA but at the same time, they still would need to learn more styles first in order for that happen and Floyd will no doubt be fighting against other opponents who are better than him in those styles. It's like whole different world (well, it basically is).

Also, there's many people who have been training since childhood besides just Floyd. Anthony Pettis has been training at taekwondo since he was 5 and is a 3rd degree black belt but he has very limited ground game or defense against it, which is why people still Clay Guida him. But again, these are two different combat sports here. They can train one sport, doesn't tell us how well they'll do in another one.

I also don't see how you can still respect Floyd with the whole IV situation going on.
                    Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 01-22-2016, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
                      SUGAR RAY LENRD:
                      Errr...Do you really think that Boxers were not street fighters first? 90% of all boxers come from the streets & well naturally have the skills.
                      I imagine a lot of people who get into any combat sport are fighting on the streets early on so I don't see that making much difference.

To me this simply comes down to math. Boxers are trained in fists. MMA guys are trained in fists, knees, elbows, chokes, grappling, feet, legs & so on. There are just more ways for a MMA guy to take out a boxer & once a fight isn't standing up anymore most boxers are gonna be dead in the water.

Comment

Working...
                      X