Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are Cotto's new hired trainer, what would your gameplan be to beat Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Your game plan won't work either. That is exactly what Cotto did last time. He looked great and was winning until the half way point. After that, Cotto got killed. Cotto doesn't have the stamina to keep up that game plan. Simple as that.

I would tell him to use in-and-out footwork. Pot shot him with a quick jab and step out. Don't use combos over 2 punches and always retreat after initiating contact. ALWAYS retreat after initiating contact, whether he hits or miss.

So basically Cotto would look like Mayweather or SRL-Duran 2. Avoiding and looking like a biitch. Who cares though because Cotto will get the win.
    Hmm interesting boy.

See but in the first fight he engaged in more exchanges than he should've AND HE ALSO was in the ropes more than he should've.

He avoids those unnecessary scenarios and he has enough stamina to finish the fight IMO boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
      Clinch. .....
      That would part of it. If it's time to clinch, it's time.

also:

- CAREFULLY Check hand wrap before fight.

- Learn how to fight better moving backward.

- Do NOT move forward in straight fashion. Constant circling CCW against Margarito.

- Stay off the ropes.

Comment

easy, just get him on some of that **** the dog eater is on ...............

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
          Well that's too bad. Looks like he's in for a long night.
          You are one hell of a trainer.. damn..

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            That would part of it. If it's time to clinch, it's time.

also:

- CAREFULLY Check hand wrap before fight.

- Learn how to fight better moving backward.

- Do NOT move forward in straight fashion. Constant circling CCW against Margarito.

- Stay off the ropes.
            So far you and Flicker were the only ones in this thread who came up with a decent game plan of victory for Miguel.

Comment

go after margos bad eye right from the opening bell

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                Cotto has never been known as a good clincher. I'm afraid he could get caught with a very solid shot trying to clinch and it could be lights out for him..

Don't you think huh boy?
                I think its rather a refusal to do so than not being good at it, its a simple skill anyway, easily picked up. And i would definitely advise it, Cotto is the better fighter he just couldnt handle the pace and pressure last time for the full 12 so id have him box like u say, using the jab, Not putting everything into his shots like last time (he cant hurt Tony to the head IMO) moving laterally but not excessively, use more pivots to save his legs, and clinch Margarito when he goes for his combinations - it will break Tonys rhythm, stifile his attack, give Miguel a breather and run out the clock all at once. Also whenever possible id have him try and slam home some body shotts but he does risk getting tagged with uppercuts doing that and Margs has a good defence (lol yes i said those words) FOR HOOKS TO THE BODY which is how Cotto goes to work downstairs so i wouldnt have him over commit to that.

I dont know if he will clinch much he never has and when the rematch was first mooted he said he wouldnt, he doesn't believe in it or something!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                  Keep it short and simple.

Here's my gameplan:

Fight smart. Jab, jab, jab and keep Margarito at bay. Move and engage in exchanges on the move, stay out of the ropes and keep moving. Use your superior skillset to win a UD.

Just be smart in picking your shots and don't give Margarito the chance to catch you still.

Goal: Win in dominating fashion via UD.

Yours?
                  I would advise him to fake an injury and pull out of the fight. I would then tell him to wait for Margarito to sign to fight another opponent before announcing his comeback against someone he has some chance in hell of beating.

This is the only gameplan that will not result in cheering Mexicans and a sad Cotto.. Come on ppl, you know you don't want to see sad Cotto again.

Comment

with good head movement and feints Cotto could draw Margarito out. Margarito throws wide, Cotto shoots straight down the pipe......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                      So far you and Flicker were the only ones in this thread who came up with a decent game plan of victory for Miguel.
                      Oh I forgot. Keep the plan really simple. Nothing totally NEW and FANCY.

Comment

Working...
                      X