No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma, Arum Discuss a Possible Gamboa Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma, Arum Discuss a Possible Gamboa Showdown

During last month's sensational, fourth-round stoppage of Mexico's former world champion, Jorge Solis, Cuban-born, former Olympic gold medalist, Yuriorkis Gamboa, thrilled the fans at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City by scoring five knockdowns in defense of his WBA and IBF featherweight titles.

[Click Here To Read More]

"So now, it's up to me, on pay per view, and that means that I'll decide when they fight on pay per view because it's going to be my money. And only when I believe that I can recover the money back, and make a profit, will I do it on pay per view," said Arum. "All of the people who want the fight to happen sooner rather than later, talk to Showtime, talk to HBO, and let them show me the money. If they don't show me the money, then it's my money, and I'll decide, and only I will decide when it's opportune to do the fight. End of discussion."
    That's how a jewish businessman from Brooklyn talks...unfortunately he's a boxing promoter as well

Comment

read................................ nothing new
      Last edited by Cubanborn87; 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Why not juanma give marquez a rematch??? i mean isnt marquez worthy to have a rematch with juanma cuz the fight was very close and sad the fight had to end the way it did but i think these two should fight again...

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
          Why not juanma give marquez a rematch??? i mean isnt marquez worthy to have a rematch with juanma cuz the fight was very close and sad the fight had to end the way it did but i think these two should fight again...
          according to juanma's haters here, no marquez isn't worthy enough.

Comment

I'm about to send HBO/showtime an email right now. If they can give Berto big bucks then they need to give these guys the money this fight deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
              according to juanma's haters here, no marquez isn't worthy enough.
              Well nowadays fighter's give less and less rematches and the future i only see 1 and done which just Sucks A**....i mean u r not doing a bad thing to your self by giving a rematch cuz those r the fights that define who u r...Berto is the other guy never gave luie a rematch and i hope juanma dont do the same cuz its not fare for the guy who lost and the fans cuz those fights r the most exciting fights

Comment

If they don't show me the money, then it's my money, and I'll decide, and only I will decide when it's opportune to do the fight. End of discussion.
                can't really argue with that

Comment

Lopez is a slug who is too lazy to make 126. So why is it that Gamboa has fought at 130 before and can make 126 easier when Lopez is a natural Superfeatherweight? This fight don't mean as much without the belts on the line.

Comment

why would you want to see a rematch juanma won basically every round but you ,must not know that the rematch will happen in june or july if marquez is healthy and it will be juanmas last fight at 126 thats why lopez v.s gamboa will happen in june 2012 where both guys will be fighting at 130 but it doesnt matter lopez sparks gamboa out

Comment

Working...
                    X