No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins: The King of Hammering Careers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins: The King of Hammering Careers

Over the course of his nearly 23-year, professional boxing career, two-divison champion, Bernard Hopkins, has made a habit of hammering his opponents senseless, if not knocking them out, and rendering them to be essentially damaged goods perhaps psychologically if not physically after having done so.

[Click Here To Read More]

Didn't know Mercado's career headed in that direction, me, I never looked into that because of course I would have assumed he made nothing else of his career considering the beating Hopkins gave him in the rematch. That beating was almost Mayweather-Gatti-esque or one could say worse, kept cringing every time B-Hop landed those right hands. The fact that he showed a great chin against B-Hop in those two bouts (And we all know B-Hop was a beast back then) shows that Hopkins ruined him. I mean to get knocked out 7 times after that?!
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 05-12-2011, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz1M84luR9y
      This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

"I have a good knockout ratio, but I don't go in there looking to knock anybody out," said Hopkins. "I'm more of a technician, but I will give you a lesson that will leave you wishing that you were knocked out."
      B.Hop is the sound bite king

Comment

Hopkins has given boxing a lot. He is an ATG no doubt.

Comment

In any other era he would be considered top 10 all time,but he has been recorded his whole career,unlike a guy like pep who has little tape but is considered top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            Hopkins has given boxing a lot. He is an ATG no doubt.
            yup. i never used to care for Hopkins too much because of all the comments he made, and he would get a pass for saying some pretty racist **** lol. but i don't think he really harbors any hatred or true racist beliefs, it's just part of his act. haha he had me cracking up on face off with pascal - "these young bucks get fresh and i gotta check em"

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
              yup. i never used to care for Hopkins too much because of all the comments he made, and he would get a pass for saying some pretty racist **** lol. but i don't think he really harbors any hatred or true racist beliefs, it's just part of his act. haha he had me cracking up on face off with pascal - "these young bucks get fresh and i gotta check em"
              He does anything to fck with your mind,i am white i consider him not racist at all he does what he has to to sell fights hes not Pacquiao with a billion broke fck riding his coat tails.

Comment

Yeah B-Hop is no racist, he just knows how to sell a fight. ATG!

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  Yeah, but B-Hop walked into a wall when he started the "this is your brain on drugs" bit and Pascal looked into the camera and said, "listen to him kids, he's got a lot of experience."

Pascal's imitation of B-Hop's style was also hilarious.

Pascal more than held his own in that face-off, especially considering the fact that his English is rough.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Yeah B-Hop is no racist, he just knows how to sell a fight. ATG!
                    B-Hop's not a racist -- he just doesn't like white people, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X