Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's very easy to argue that this site has 5 hype jobs on the top of the page.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    also isn't it strange that kovalev has beaten guys with the elite " movement/counter style" that hardcore floyd/ward fans love and ward has only beaten flat footed guys who can't counter punch at all and yet its ward who is more talented hmmm makes no sense. ward beat less talented guys(according to ward fans)and so that makes him more talented then the guy who beat more talented guys(once against according to ward fans) all you can do is lol
    50 year old Hopkins is elite?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      I don't need to bring up compubox it's clear to see, Barrera was throwing out his jab more trying to measure distance but landed less. Ward was landing his jab to the body all night. 50 year old Hopkins is finished, it was a good win but how much credit can you give a guy for beating a 50 year old? Pascal got beat by one of those "flat footed guys" Ward beat many years ago. Kovalev is hardly known as a mover either and will probably be classed as a flat footed guy when Ward beats him. Speed, timing, footwork. defence, EVERYTHING apart from power Ward is clearly better than Kovalev.
      once again those things are all subjective cept for speed. how does he have better timing? he was swinging at air against barrera. kovalev has good enough timing to hit guys with accurate shots and knock them out. i think what you meant to say was ward has better timing because he's a counter puncher so once again you fell into the same conditioned trap that i was just saying. you have been conditioned to think counter punchers are inherently better when in reality they just have different timing. its not inherently better or worse. what makes it better or worse depends on who they are fighting.

same applies to defense. you would have said hopkins has better defense than kovalev right? well who actually had better defense in the fight? watch bika-ward and how much bika hits ward. has kovalev ever been hit even 25 percent as much as ward got hit in that fight? no yet ward still has better defense according to you. is it based on the fights? no its based on his style and your pereception of how effective his style is simply because he is using that style.

thats why i said ward has been fighting easy styles for him. kovalev is used to fighting tough styles. guys where you have to find a way to hit them and how to break them down. they aren't just standing there flat footed like ward's opponents. if kovalev was just ko'ing easy style matchups like froch or something then i might be worried.

Comment

I don't need to bring up compubox it's clear to see, Barrera was throwing out his jab more trying to measure distance but landed less. Ward was landing his jab to the body all night. 50 year old Hopkins is finished, it was a good win but how much credit can you give a guy for beating a 50 year old? Pascal got beat by one of those "flat footed guys" Ward beat many years ago. Kovalev is hardly known as a mover either and will probably be classed as a flat footed guy when Ward beats him. Speed, timing, footwork. defence, EVERYTHING apart from power Ward is clearly better than Kovalev.
        Not size and strength.

And that's big for Ward who is used to having that advantage and being able to roughhouse guys on the inside. Unclear if that will work vs Kovalev.

Also Kovalev is a two handed fighter, Ward isn't.
        Last edited by stuff jones; 05-29-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
          Canelo: Has at least one judge bought and paid for in every fight. Lara was robbed, Trout fight was very close but there was open scoring so it was a travesty. Mayweather fight: CJ Ross. Cotto fight: disgraceful scoring.

Roman Gonzalez: Fighting midgets of unknown worth. Probably padded record.

Golovkin: Has a record consisting of mid tier top 10 middleweight (except Martin Murray) Not much blame here as he has the entire division ****ting it's pants, But it's still VERY easy to argue he might be a hype job (In terms of opposition, not abilities because he clearly is a killer)

Crawford: The worst boiler in boxing. Fights guys far smaller. His best win is against a guy who is had like 8 inches of reach, 7 inches of height, and 25 pounds on, in Gamboa.

Beyonce: Enough said. Worst record in boxing, absolutely disgraceful. Flat refuses to take a meaningful fight. What a joke.

The top of the page should have the current guys who has achieved the most: Kovalev, Tyson Fury, Lebedev, Golovkin(maybe) and Lomachenko(Maybe). I'm struggling to think of the final two guys and GGG and Loma get there by default. Not many guys are trying to be great these days, it sucks.

What would your choices be?

"probably a padded record."

AKA "i have asbolutely no business talking about the pound for pound list, because i cant' even qualify boxing's best p4p fighter."
          Last edited by New England; 05-29-2016, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            once again those things are all subjective cept for speed. how does he have better timing? he was swinging at air against barrera. kovalev has good enough timing to hit guys with accurate shots and knock them out. i think what you meant to say was ward has better timing because he's a counter puncher so once again you fell into the same conditioned trap that i was just saying. you have been conditioned to think counter punchers are inherently better when in reality they just have different timing. its not inherently better or worse. what makes it better or worse depends on who they are fighting.

same applies to defense. you would have said hopkins has better defense than kovalev right? well who actually had better defense in the fight? watch bika-ward and how much bika hits ward. has kovalev ever been hit even 25 percent as much as ward got hit in that fight? no yet ward still has better defense according to you. is it based on the fights? no its based on his style and your pereception of how effective his style is simply because he is using that style.

thats why i said ward has been fighting easy styles for him. kovalev is used to fighting tough styles. guys where you have to find a way to hit them and how to break them down. they aren't just standing there flat footed like ward's opponents. if kovalev was just ko'ing easy style matchups like froch or something then i might be worried.
            There was nothing coming back from Hopkins in the Kovalev fight, you are looking too much in to it. When they fight Ward will show you how far ahead of Kovalev he is and you'll make up some excuses and say you saw a different fight than everyone else.

Comment

There was nothing coming back from Hopkins in the Kovalev fight, you are looking too much in to it. When they fight Ward will show you how far ahead of Kovalev he is and you'll make up some excuses and say you saw a different fight than everyone else.

And when Kov knocks Ward the fúck out, are you gonna give him his props?

Or just get pissy about it and make excuses about size?

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
                And when Kov knocks Ward the fúck out, are you gonna give him his props?

Or just get pissy about it and make excuses about size?
                Of course, Kovalev would be P4P 1. That's the only chance he's got he's not going to outbox Ward.

Comment

Of course, Kovalev would be P4P 1. That's the only chance he's got he's not going to outbox Ward.
                  I remember plenty of guys saying he wouldn't outbox Hopkins, but he did. He used a good jab, footwork, and distance. He kept resetting and wouldn't let Hopkins spoil.

Now obviously there's a big difference between old Bernard and prime Ward, but you still shouldn't count your chickens before they've hatched.

Comment

Not true. He can hurt Ward and put him in survival mode and then outbox him using that jab.

Comment

HBO
                      Hype Boxing Office.
                      Canelo, Pacquiao, GGG, and these days Crawford are immensely given a shoulder by HBO.
                      Out there guys are from champions' clothes but God knows why they don't get the spotlight they deserve, primarily Andre Ward, following Lara, Rigo, Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                      X