Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Pro Athlete is more physically fit and trains harder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    I've seen pro boxers who were not in the best shape compete and be successful at the elite level, for example James Toney or Roberto Duran, but I've never seen a professional basketball player compete and be successful at the elite level who was not a supreme example of fitness himself.

So I have to go with basketball player.
    When Toney was "elite" he was in very good shape. Being 5'10" he carried it decently up to cruiserweight.

Few would really consider him elite anymore as an obese heavyweight where his record was something like 7-7-3, got busted for steroids and eventually wound up diving MMA matches for money. Hard to call that elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
      members of team sports can hide behind their teammates and look far better or worse than they actually are, you can't compare them to top boxers whose every twitch is analyzed for years
      Well in another thread this guy seems to differ. Look WTF he said.

Originally posted by Lords View Post
      NBA players play over 60 games an a season and are athletic freaks whos bodies take punishment in those games. They are by far more athletically tuned then a boxer is. Boxers just train 2 months for 1 fight. Don't know what your talking about.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...9#post16022149 post# 19

Comment

well lords is kind of a dumbass

first thing i thought of when i saw that thread

"what the **** is full contact basketball"

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
          well lords is kind of a dumbass

first thing i thought of when i saw that thread

"what the **** is full contact basketball"
          lol i know right. I wouldn't give Hockey Players the leg up on athleticism compared to Pro Boxers, and they fu/cking fight in their game.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
            Football Player.
            LOL. Jarryd Hayne is showing exactly how ordinary all the NFL players are as athletes.

Comment

A fight takes wayyyyyy more out of you than a game of basketball no question. Being an average professional basketball player overall, given the larger number of games played and the constant year round training, imo requires more than an average professional boxer EDIT: in terms of athleticism and training.

That being said, at the top of the sports it's very comparable but still imo edge to basketball.

It however is NOT more physical a sport, like someone suggested in that other thread. The amount of damage you have to take in basketball does not compare to what you put on the line in boxing.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-06-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Round Baby View Post
                LOL. Jarryd Hayne is showing exactly how ordinary all the NFL players are as athletes.

JJ Watt is a better Example. But most NFL Players are incredible athletes. Look at Jimmy Graham, and Russell Wilson. Both Multi Sport Talents.

Comment

According to ESPN or whatever major media outlet did the study a few years ago, boxing is the most demanding sport in terms of training.
                  If someone thinks running and handling a ball requires greater fitness than boxing, they've clearly never, ever, spent any time on the heavy bag, let alone sparring.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-07-2015, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I voted the pro boxer. They are both great athletes and are often in terrific shape. The difference is the worst that can happen to ball players is they lose a game. The boxer can take a beating and get knocked out. In team sports you share the credit and the blame. In individual sports it's all on you.

Comment

i dunno, seems hard to sayyyyy

Comment

Working...
                      X