Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch:“If I fight Golovkin, I will back him up, take what he’s got, and beat him up.”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    Great fight...

It's no coincidence the sudden interest is after the Monroe fight. He as a boxer obviously saw things he thinks he can exploit.

Before he was talking about 'swerving him like the plague'. In other words outboxing him but some people thought he meant ducking him. Now he's talking about backing him up, then again it's easier said than done.
    a lot easier said than done, dont think boxers realize(including roy jones), that it is incredibly hard to just stand in front of ggg while he is throwing punches with you for 12 rounds. you are going to back up due to his technique at finding range.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      No he didn't mean that at all. Because the next line was "you don't need to be in the ring with him" - Hence he's not someone he would want to fight if possible.

Anyway, people say the comments were tongue in cheek, maybe it was. However he did say a few weeks ago in an interview while he was in vegas for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight that he's not sure Golovkin is somebody he would like to fight at this stage of his career, but he would get in the ring with him if he was still 29. I guess because he thinks its a high risk-low reward, not because he's scared to fight him but when you're about to hang them up and have paid your dues, why would you take a high risk-low reward fight?

All i can assume is that Golovkin's team and Hearn have put forward a possible figure that is well rewarding for the risk and that has got Froch interested in the fight, as well as Froch's curiosity as a fighter.

Anyway, if Froch takes this fight then massive respect to him. He doesn't need to do it. He's got plenty of money, properties and businesses. He'll do it because he's a warrior (and a good sum of money of course)
      Ok well i remember watching the facebook Q&A with him and Groves and i thought he meant in a boxing sense, i may have interpreted it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
        a lot easier said than done, dont think boxers realize(including roy jones), that it is incredibly hard to just stand in front of ggg while he is throwing punches with you for 12 rounds. you are going to back up due to his technique at finding range.
        Agreed.

Comment

It would be a good test of how Golovkin would fare at 168, Froch does have one foot out the door and Golovkin is on the way up so i would favor Golovkin.

I do see why Froch would like his chances because Golovkin not moving forward is not the same fighter, so if he can fight him to a stand still or push him back he certainly can do work. He would also bang Golovkin's body and a guy that puts that much effort into every shot is going to drain their energy fast anyway, adding to that would be a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
            Golovkin puts Froch in a hospital and makes him piss blood for 2 weeks.

Froch has absolutely 0.00000000000000000.00001% chance of winning against Golovkin.

We're talking about a COMPLETELY overrated fighter with no skills besides being "tough" and having a good chin. He's slow as ****. He's a plodder. No footwork/flatfooted. Defense is non-existent, but he doesn't have the offense to back up his non-existent defense (which is why Ward exposed him) He has AVERAGE power, at BEST. He throws looping, wild and sloppy hooks.

Dude is basically the 175lb version of an everlast punching bag.
            Based on what? That long list of murderous punchers & elite boxers on GGGs resume? Froch has been matched tough, GGG not so much (or in all honesty, not at all). I'll take the fighter willing to fight the better competiton- Froch. If this fight happens, I give GGG major credibility

Comment

Here's how this is gonna lay out. Team GGG and Team Froch are gonna negotiate for this fight. Team GGG is gonna demand at least 70% of the money. Team Froch is gonna measure out the fight and realize they can make more money fighting someone else. Team GGG doesn't budge on their price killing the fight. GGG fights Brian Vera on HBO, GGG ball gaggers continue to talk about how everyone is ducking him and cum all over themselves when GGG beats the hell out of Vera

Comment

It's hard to believe Froch really wants this fight let alone any fight at this point.

Comment

You can't believe this. I'd imagine Team GGG will start off by offering Froch 60% as they'll be fighting at his weight class in his home turf (most likely).

Comment

I thought Froch looked like **** in both fights with Groves. Can't see this ending well for him unless Golovkin's power/strength doesn't carry up to 68

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      Based on what? That long list of murderous punchers & elite boxers on GGGs resume? Froch has been matched tough, GGG not so much (or in all honesty, not at all). I'll take the fighter willing to fight the better competiton- Froch. If this fight happens, I give GGG major credibility
                      And if it doesn't, you'll bash him even though it'll be Froch deciding he doesn't want to fight anymore. The scenario you planned out regarding why this fight might not even happen is laughable. You're winding yourself up over a hypothetical situation that you yourself created so you can find a way to ***** about something.

Comment

Working...
                      X