Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Rees pull a Calzaghe-Lacy type upset on Broner, or is at even fight, or mismatch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Rees pull a Calzaghe-Lacy type upset on Broner, or is at even fight, or mismatch?

Rees has trained under the Calzaghe banner in the past, he brings a similar sort of frentic Calzaghe-esque style. His only defeat is to Kotelnik - the man who gave Alexander and Khan tough fights - and who also beat Maidana.

Rees is a tough fighter, he'd have a good shot at beating anyone on Broner's record. By extension, he might actually turn out to be one of the toughest opponents Broner has yet faced as a pro. But he could get wiped out quick too. Broner seems a league above on the surface but could it be an illusion like Lacy's hype at the time he fought Calzaghe?

Could the fight turn out to be an even scrap or will it turn out to be a complete mismatch?
    Mismatch
    55.17%
    Fight in Broner's favor
    20.69%
    Even Fight
    0.00%
    Fight in Rees' favor
    0.00%
    Calzaghe-Lacy upset in the making
    10.34%
    No comment
    13.79%

This doesn't compare to Lacy-Calzaghe at all. In any way shape or form. It just doesn't.

This is a stay busy fight against an overmatched contender. No one thinks Rees is a threat, no one will dance in the streets after he wins. No Rees has no chance.

Can Rees give Broner a Lacy-Calzaghe type beating? Seriously man?

Comment

LMAO at the TS, please delete this shit!!

Comment

Why is everyone acting so stupid when it coes to this fight? How many threads do we need reminding us what EVERYONE knows Rees is overmatched. Its a stay busy. The hell is wrong with people.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          I know it looks like a mismatch on paper but Broner isn't invincible - he didn't look great against Ponce De Leon and Rees might try to adopt a similar blueprint. It could be a wipe out by Broner or it might turn out to be more interesting than originally suspected if Rees can somehow stick to a good game plan.

Comment

I'll be surprised if the fight last five rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
              Why is everyone acting so stupid when it coes to this fight? How many threads do we need reminding us what EVERYONE knows Rees is overmatched. Its a stay busy. The hell is wrong with people.
              I don't know if I could call it a mismatch but I suppose overmatched is less definitive - Rees is a legit opponent and he does have a shot if he can stick to a game plan. A very slim shot though, Broner should win it but nothing's impossibe. I could potentially see a Mayweather-Gatti type beat down on the cards if Rees finds himself in too deep and can't take the heat.

Comment

Slapsie vs. Jeff "LOL" Lacy was only an "upset" in the bizarro world that is NSB.

Anyone with half an ounce of sense could see that Lacy was a slow, wild swinger and an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                  Broner is a punk who is also overlooking Rees to a massive degree. That is the only thing perking my interest in this fight. Definitely a stay busy fight but Broner's arrogance is gonna cost him at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                    exactly my thoughts

Comment

Working...
                    X