Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Klitschkos Fought in the 90s.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure its past 5 year prime klitschkos vs prime stars of the 90s which bowed beats them both.

Comment

They did fight in the '90's. They were just two fighters in the mix. Wlad already had his defeat to Ross Purity by 1998. Vitali had a bad performance with Byrd in 2000. He didn't fight Lewis til a little after the turn of the century but he still lost. They were really nothing special at that time which should answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Not world champions, but contenders.

Bowe beats them both.
        Holyfield beats them both.
        Lennox beats them both.
        Old George beats Wlad, but loses to Vitali.
        Tyson beats Wlad, but loses to Vitali.

I'd probably agree with this for the most part.

I'd pick the pre prison (1991-1992) Tyson to beat Vitali too though. Tyson did look pretty useful against Ruddock and showed decent 12 round stamina in their second fight.

I could see either Klitschko beating any of the above on an off day. I'm sure they'd pick up the odd world title in the 90s with wins over Moorer, Hide, Mercer, Bentt, Morrison etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Old George beats Wlad, but loses to Vitali
          I don't think the 90's version of Foreman is fast enough or applies enough pressure to beat Wlad. That version of George was more patient and waiting for guys to come into his power zone. I don't think Wlad would do that and would be content to stay outside using his jab and winning the most boring decision in history.

Comment

Mike Tyson would knock out both K brothers inside of a few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso
              Only in this era are the Brothers viable, I'd like to see them fight through the Quarry's, Dokes, Nortons of the world. I think their both second division (15 thru 25(rated). Its not their fault that the sport has dwindled into mediocrity but I don't give them alot of raves because their style is an amatuer form from the old world countries. Its not appealing to me and a good fighter who has mobilty and good power is always a more pleasing boxer to watch.
              We don't blame Louis for the bum of the month club and we can't blame whats happened to the division on the brothers. I still access their talents at a second level, I see top level fighters through the years stopping them because they freeze when pressure is applied and neither can fight inside or tie up anyone. Their size is their biggest plus but it could be turned against them with the correct fight plan. I give them credit for competing on a higher level than they thought they could. One dimentional fighters are boring to me and I don't give high praise to someone who does ONE thing well. Ray
              the 90's was a great HW era. What are you smoking.

The K bros would be competitive, not the best however.

Comment

I think the 90s would pose a problem for wlad not because the current version of wlad wouldn't do very well but because it took alot of confidence building for him to reach his current level after his early losses. He was able to come back and beat the top guys, get manny steward in his corner and slowly go from strength to strength. His problem in the 90s would be that before he reached his current level he would not be able to beat said top guys, prime bowe, holy, lewis, the early 90s tyson would all beat up and coming wlad handily imo (maybe the likes of Tua would too? And since he was within inches of retiring after his brutal losses to the likes of correy sanders etc I don't think he'd stick around long enough to become the wlad we know today.

As for Vitali, I think he'd do pretty well, we saw that he was able to hold his own with an old lewis for a few rounds ... I think he would loose to prime lewis, and prime Bowe (though Bowe's prime was short so if Vitali met him at the right time he'd win) I'd also have him losing a cracker to prime holy and - prime tyson stops him, 90s tyson would be interesting. But I think he'd put up great showings against all of them and I would'nt be surprised if I called some of the above losses incorrectly and he actually got the win against one or two of them. Either way they would be great fights

Comment

Wlad would not have fared very well at all in my opinion, the best Wlad loses to Lewis, Bowe, Tyson, Holyfield guaranteed. The various other versions of him could lose to PRIME versions of Ruddock, Mercer, Morrison, Briggs, Rahman, Golota, and others, any of those guys is live against Wlad.

As For Vitali he still loses to the top 4, but i'd favour him against the rest although who knows, those guys are all better than what Vitali has fought.

We just can't know when it comes to the Klits because despite what anyone says they have fought almost exclusively TERRIBLE opposition, granted mostly through no fault of their own.

To me it's like Lucian Bute, he can look spectacular against the Glen Johnsons, and Sakio Bikas of this world, but he steps up against a Froch and he gets embarrased.

There were a lot more "frochs" in the heavyweight division in the 90's than the "bikas and butes" of today

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    They wasn't prime back then but if we're talking the current Wlad and the Vitali of old they would of done very well.

Lewis would be competitive/perhaps win.
                    Old George and a prime Holyfield, both lose IMO
                    Prime Bowe losses and probably gets stopped.
                    prime bowe gets stopped by the k bros? are you on crack?

bowe is probably the single worst stylistic matchup you could find for either klitschko (wlad in particular) in the history of boxing. i would bet my ballsack bowe knocks wladimir out and he would probably knock vitali out too, beat him for sure.

bowe and lewis are the two guys they have no chance against. lewis would also beat both of them, probably by KO (he would KO wlad for sure).

holyfield would beat wladimir and be very competetive with vitali, close decision either way. old george most likely loses on points to both klitschkos, he has a punchers chance like he does against any HW and could pull it out but he would most likely lose a decision.

the k bros would knock out morrison, moorer, ruddock and probably 90's tyson too. tyson like foreman has a punchers chance though.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                      Wlad would not have fared very well at all in my opinion, the best Wlad loses to Lewis, Bowe, Tyson, Holyfield guaranteed. The various other versions of him could lose to PRIME versions of Ruddock, Mercer, Morrison, Briggs, Rahman, Golota, and others, any of those guys is live against Wlad.

As For Vitali he still loses to the top 4, but i'd favour him against the rest although who knows, those guys are all better than what Vitali has fought.

We just can't know when it comes to the Klits because despite what anyone says they have fought almost exclusively TERRIBLE opposition, granted mostly through no fault of their own.

To me it's like Lucian Bute, he can look spectacular against the Glen Johnsons, and Sakio Bikas of this world, but he steps up against a Froch and he gets embarrased.

There were a lot more "frochs" in the heavyweight division in the 90's than the "bikas and butes" of today
                      Good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X