No announcement yet.

Plyometric exercises for boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plyometric exercises for boxing.

I hear these are the best kind of exercises for athlete to build strength and speed.I was just wondering if anyone in here does them? & what rep range do you do them in and sets ?

One of the best that have worked for me are lateral box hops or simply lateral hops. Since boxing is a low impact sport you don't need huge jumps to see improvements. Lateral hops are basically hopping left to right over a small box. Depending on the height of the box I'd usually go for 20-30 seconds and then take the equivalent in rest or more. Plyo's are meant to be high quality, so the extra rest is ok.

Comment

The Basics
      - Explosive Push Ups (Push yourself off the ground)
      - Jump Squats
      - Burpees
      - Box jumps

You can really get some good work if you incorporate lighter weights too though.

- Twisting medicine ball throws (you can also use like a 25lb plate weight, just don't release on the throw obviously)
      - Standing Explosive Chest Presses with 25lb plate weight (upward angle)
      - Punch drills with 5lb weights (Simple 1,2,3,4,5,6 combinations over and over again work well)
      - Explosive squat presses with 25lb weight plates.
      - Explosive overhead shoulder presses with 25lb weight plates

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
        The Basics
        - Explosive Push Ups (Push yourself off the ground)
        - Jump Squats
        - Burpees
        - Box jumps

You can really get some good work if you incorporate lighter weights too though.

- Twisting medicine ball throws (you can also use like a 25lb plate weight, just don't release on the throw obviously)
        - Standing Explosive Chest Presses with 25lb plate weight (upward angle)
        - Punch drills with 5lb weights (Simple 1,2,3,4,5,6 combinations over and over again work well)
        - Explosive squat presses with 25lb weight plates.
        - Explosive overhead shoulder presses with 25lb weight plates
        We do nearly all the ones you list and you really feel them , there perfect for increasing explosive power

Comment

For lower body, I believe a variety of box jumps is the best along with squats. For upper body, kettlebell swings is pretty good too. Here's some more plyometric exercises - http://www.mightyfighter.com/top-7-p...ing-exercises/

Comment

Working...
          X