No announcement yet.

My thoughts on the Kovalev Vs Pascal event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on the Kovalev Vs Pascal event

1. I noticed that Andre ward is still being slick on his answer about when exactly he will be facing Kovalev. Like an evasive politician.

2. I love the big screen entrances. Kovalev should try to have more fights in Canada if he can build up a fan base. He is never gonna get these kind of entrances fighting in a New Jersey promoted event.

4. I liked how Buffer announced Kovalev as the "universally recognized, undisputed Light-Heavyweight Champ" rubbing it to Al Haymon PBC. LOL-tastic.

5. I couldn't help but notice Andre Ward and Lennox Lewis sitting next to each other during the rounds, whispering to one another. The looked like two gossiping women. And knowing Lennox Lewis' afrocentric views, they were probably dying to see Pascal pull of the upset. Ward would cancel all his tune up's and sign up for a Pascal fight immediately if that were to happen.

6. You could tell that Kovalev was enjoying dishing out pain to Pascal. There was a moment in round 6 with 25 seconds left where the ref was getting ready to stop it after a combination and Kovalev backed off not wanting it to be stopped just yet. Just incredible.

7. Kovalev has finally made the full-time transition over to being the ANTIHERO of boxing. A bad guy, and yet a fan favorite. The clacking sounds of a chicken he did, along with that ****y laugh after saying that Pascal lost the bet, was hilarious.

8. Tyson Fury's hijacking of Wilder's interview > Adnonis Stevenson pathetic attempt. Fury (while acting) did it from a position of strength after just beating Wlad, while Stevenson did it from a position of weakness. That was just cringeworthy, as well as his entourage who looked like a bunch of 1920's wannabe Depression Era gangsters with those hats.

it would have been a great night but 2 things ruined it. karim mayfield and seeing andre ward's droopy face. those are instant excitement killers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
      1. I noticed that Andre ward is still being slick on his answer about when exactly he will be facing Kovalev. Like an evasive politician.

2. I love the big screen entrances. Kovalev should try to have more fights in Canada if he can build up a fan base. He is never gonna get these kind of entrances fighting in a New Jersey promoted event.

4. I liked how Buffer announced Kovalev as the "universally recognized, undisputed Light-Heavyweight Champ" rubbing it to Al Haymon PBC. LOL-tastic.

5. I couldn't help but notice Andre Ward and Lennox Lewis sitting next to each other during the rounds, whispering to one another. The looked like two gossiping women. And knowing Lennox Lewis' afrocentric views, they were probably dying to see Pascal pull of the upset. Ward would cancel all his tune up's and sign up for a Pascal fight immediately if that were to happen.

6. You could tell that Kovalev was enjoying dishing out pain to Pascal. There was a moment in round 6 with 25 seconds left where the ref was getting ready to stop it after a combination and Kovalev backed off not wanting it to be stopped just yet. Just incredible.

7. Kovalev has finally made the full-time transition over to being the ANTIHERO of boxing. A bad guy, and yet a fan favorite. The clacking sounds of a chicken he did, along with that ****y laugh after saying that Pascal lost the bet, was hilarious.

8. Tyson Fury's hijacking of Wilder's interview > Adnonis Stevenson pathetic attempt. Fury (while acting) did it from a position of strength after just beating Wlad, while Stevenson did it from a position of weakness. That was just cringeworthy, as well as his entourage who looked like a bunch of 1920's wannabe Depression Era gangsters with those hats.
      You left out number 3

Comment

ward is fighting sulivan barrera next , cant really talk **** about that esp that it was rumored beterbiev ducked him

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
          You left out number 3
          Good catch. # 3 will be a mystery forever.

Comment

Please Kovalev fans, don't turn into obnoxious GGG fans. Most people of all fanbases respect Kovalev and admit he is top 3 P4P, I personally think he's #1 P4P. Don't make this a KK vs Ward fans type of thing. The loss then becomes worse on you guys, not Ward fans. Kovalev is a great fighter, hopefully he doesn't breed terrible fans full of ****ty opnions and baiting other fanbases like those other f@gs.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Please Kovalev fans, don't turn into obnoxious GGG fans. Most people of all fanbases respect Kovalev and admit he is top 3 P4P, I personally think he's #1 P4P. Don't make this a KK vs Ward fans type of thing. The loss then becomes worse on you guys, not Ward fans. Kovalev is a great fighter, hopefully he doesn't breed terrible fans full of ****ty opnions and baiting other fanbases like those other f@gs.
              Kovalev must be the number 1 boxer in the world. Who else is there? Roman Gonzalez? Maybe Tyson Fury if he whips Klit again.

Kovalev is an absolute destroyer, with top class everything. His jab is the killer though. I don't see how anyone can hope to win on points against a guy with that jab which is a devastating threat to body and head.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                You're confusing me with someone else.

My fandom is broad. I'm a diehard Hopkins fan and was rooting for him to beat Kovalev. After that, I made a full time transition to being a Kova fan since I liked him already.

Get out of the White Vs Black paradigm. Stevenson is a unlikeable fighter. Most Al Haymon fighters are because they know what they're getting themselves into. They want to get as much out of doing as little as possible.

Except it's not working out for Stevenson. He is not Floyd Mayweather. He will never command the type of purses that Floyd received and he is almost 40. He needs this fight more Kova does, at this point.
                Last edited by cupocity303; 01-31-2016, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  ward is fighting sulivan barrera next , cant really talk **** about that esp that it was rumored beterbiev ducked him
                  What rumors? He couldn't get a Canadian visa so he dropped out. Beterbiev murders that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
                    You left out number 3
                    #3 just said adonis chickenson.
                    that's why its nowhere to be found. hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X