No announcement yet.

Boxing History Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing History Help!

Hello my fellow Boxingscene community. I am in need of some help for a informative speech I am going to do. I want to get the name of some boxers either record breakers or that have changed the face of boxing itself. A little bit of info on them would help also. Thanks I would highly appreciate it

I think Joe Louis and Muhammad Ali will probably be the main two suggestions. Both have had a major impact in and outside the sport.

Comment

I agree Ali, Louis would be good ones and I would add Jack Johnson and John L. Sullivan. You can google any of their names to find all the information you need.

Louis's 2nd fight with Max Schmeling would be interesting.

Comment

Record breakers:

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. - Granite chin, granite hands, hell of a win streak

George Foreman & Bernard Hopkins - Old guys to win titles

Manny Pacquiao - First 8 division champion

Mentionable:

Roy Jones Jr.'s Olympic fight for the gold - I believe this one changed how scoring went in the amateur system in boxing and showcases corruption

Ray Mancini's fight with the Korean guy(Korean guy died in action) - Erupted talk which came to bring the 15 rounds down to 12

Comment

The 'Korean guy' was called Duk Koo Kim.
          Last edited by NChristo; 02-25-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah Roy Jones was also like the first career starting Middleweight to win a Heavyweight title in like a century after he beat Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              Record breakers:

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. - Granite chin, granite hands, hell of a win streak

George Foreman & Bernard Hopkins - Old guys to win titles

Manny Pacquiao - First 8 division champion

Mentionable:

Roy Jones Jr.'s Olympic fight for the gold - I believe this one changed how scoring went in the amateur system in boxing and showcases corruption

Ray Mancini's fight with the Korean guy(Korean guy died in action) - Erupted talk which came to bring the 15 rounds down to 12
              Doesn't chavez have the most championship bouts?? And thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                I think Joe Louis and Muhammad Ali will probably be the main two suggestions. Both have had a major impact in and outside the sport.
                Thanks, I was also thinking about using them just because there is a ton of information on both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
                  I agree Ali, Louis would be good ones and I would add Jack Johnson and John L. Sullivan. You can google any of their names to find all the information you need.

Louis's 2nd fight with Max Schmeling would be interesting.
                  Thanks, will consider you suggestion

Comment

Working...
                  X