Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Maidana Fail To KO Glass Chin Khan??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did Maidana Fail To KO Glass Chin Khan??

...he couldn't even drop him.

Maidana was catching Khan with lots of big clean punches during the whole fight. When Maidana finally hurt Khan badly and had him on queer street he somehow failed to get Khan out of there. I still can't believe Khan was able to survive that round. Khan was exhausted and looked to be completely gone and he had an aggressive Maidana all over him throwing big shots for like two loooooooooooong minutes....I understand Maidana was tired too but he was still punching hard from round 1-12 and Khan was pretty much dead man walking in round 10, 11 and 12.

I can't say I'm a big fan of Khan but he showed some serious heart and a damn good chin against P4P one of the biggest puncher's in boxing...That's respect.

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    ...he couldn't even drop him.

Maidana was catching Khan with lots of big clean punches during the whole fight. When Maidana finally hurt Khan badly and had him on queer street he somehow failed to get Khan out of there. I still can't believe Khan was able to survive that round. Khan was exhausted and looked to be completely gone and he had an aggressive Maidana all over him throwing big shots for like two loooooooooooong minutes....I understand Maidana was tired too but he was still punching hard from round 1-12 and Khan was pretty much dead man walking in round 10, 11 and 12.

I can't say I'm a big fan of Khan but he showed some serious heart and a damn good chin against P4P one of the biggest puncher's in boxing...That's respect.

He just wouldnt go down. Joe cortez also protected khan.

I think the better question is when will there be a rematch?

Comment

Too wild & loopy.

And Khan prefers to be dropped with the left, not the right. Thank you very much.

All jokes aside, it's the obvious reason that I have previously stated and that is his "glass" chin is over exaggerated.

Comment

He was out on his feet at least once in the tenth. The shots that put Khan down are the counters he didn't see.

Comment

Because the Amir Khan that drinks Alex Ariza shakes is very different from the Amir Khan that doesn't drink Ariza shakes.

Alex Ariza's Amir Khan, a beast. Can take considerable punishment, and dish heavy shots too. The one without the shakes? Can't take punishment without hitting the canvas, and doesn't have the same knockdown power either.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            He just wouldnt go down. Joe cortez also protected khan.
            Maidana had almost a full NINE MINUTES to KO a groggy, no legs, glass chinned Khan and he couldn't do it.

At what point in that time did Joe Cortez stop Maidana from getting the KO?

Comment

Because Khan got on his bicycle once he felt the power .........

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                He was out on his feet at least once in the tenth. The shots that put Khan down are the counters he didn't see.
                True and those counters would've dropped most fighters....Khan doesn't really have a glass chin.

Comment

Because Maidana was not a complete fighter. If he had Garcia in his corner, he surely would have scored the KO

Comment

Maidana isn't a good enough inside fighter, had he shortened up his punches in close he would have got Khan out of there. Cortez also played an undeniable role.

Comment

Working...
                    X