Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Chances Marquez Defeats Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are The Chances Marquez Defeats Pacquiao?

it's been no secret that both men plan to knock each other out in their upcoming fight and i think it's a great selling point to attract paying customers who've seen pretty much the same thing over and over again.

however, marquez plans to go all out and looks to knock out pacquiao which realistically speaking is almost an impossible task considering pacquiao's iron chin. pacquiao early in his boxing career did suffer two ko losses to lesser fighters via crushing body shots which marquez is not known for. since then, pacquiao has proven himself against notorious body punchers like hatton and margarito which he's defeated in convincing fashion.

bottom line is pacquiao looks good against fighters that come forward, and marquez being aggressive might just lead to his early demise. if he does stick to his usual counter punching and able finish the whole 12 rounds, pacquiao's offensive minded style might just be the winning point for the judges to him him the nod once again.

in any case, the odds in pacquiao's favor are well justified and marquez has a hell of fight in front of him when he faces the mexicutioner.

your thoughts?

Marquez has already given his final great performance. I'll be shocked if he can muster that again.

Comment

I agree, as much as I love JMM and think he won the last two fights vs Pac, at 39 years old I don't think he has another left in him.

We will see, it would be great to see him get his just due but at 39, it's doubtful.

Comment

Officially or unofficially?

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
          Officially or unofficially?
          Quite frankly, this is one hell of a ****ty fight. So if it's controversial, are they going to do it again? Such a shame Manny's career has gone in the crapper since he defeated Cotto. Seems like ages ago now. Marquez is halfway retired. Regardless of who "wins", I hope these two never meet again. Enough already.

Comment

I expect both fighters giving 101%...its going to be a War!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Quite frankly, this is one hell of a ****ty fight. So if it's controversial, are they going to do it again? Such a shame Manny's career has gone in the crapper since he defeated Cotto. Seems like ages ago now. Marquez is halfway retired. Regardless of who "wins", I hope these two never meet again. Enough already.
              Absolutely. I was of the opinion that the 3rd fight was overdue by the time they actually fought, so you of course know my feelings about this fight. Honestly, it will be the EXACT same thing man, I can see it already. Then Arum hops in the ring talking about doing it again next year in April.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                Absolutely. I was of the opinion that the 3rd fight was overdue by the time they actually fought, so you of course know my feelings about this fight. Honestly, it will be the EXACT same thing man, I can see it already. Then Arum hops in the ring talking about doing it again next year in April.
                Pacquiao is out of opponents but I might have to slap Arum myself. I don't think they wanna go anywhere near Bradley again. Marquez makes sense fiscally although I think everyone and their mama knows they didn't do 1.3m or 1.4m or whatever lie Arum threw out there for the third bout. It probably did a little better than the Bradley fight (did HBO ever confirm that 700K number?) and thus, made more sense. So now we're talking Brandon Rios next? What a fall from grace this guy has had and the blame lies at he and Arum's feet.

Comment

i think the chances are good. let not act like pac isn't and hasn't been slippin as well lately. he doesn't seem to be able to change up anything he does in the ring. He fought marquez the exact same way last two fights and was EXTREMELY lucky to come out with 2 w's.

Comment

I personally thought he won the last 2 fights.

I see this fourth fight as a little pointless and a little sad, age will be a major factor, JMM has given his last big performance IMO. It will be a damn shame if JMM gets KO'ed and the record bookings read as 3-0(1KO) with 1 draw, that really doesn't do JMM any justice at all!

Comment

Working...
                    X