No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tlarry View Post
    Rios finally showed up in shape, not over the weight limit, to fight a no name who stood right in front of him and exchanged. See if this loud mouth can show up two fights in a row, in shape, making weight, and fight a credible warrior. I'm hardly sold on Rios just as Im not sold on Donaire or Broner.
    Obviously u don't watch much boxing to NOT know who Mike Alvarado is..In Alvarado's last 2 fights he easily beat Mauricio Herrera(who's beaten the likes of undefeated prospect Ruslan Provodnikov, prospect Mike Dallas Jr & Cleotis Pendarvis) & in a war he made a come from behind KO in the last round to beat Breidis Prescott who before he fought Alvarado had NEVER been down..& in this fight even thou Alvarado lost, he showed he's for real..& I guess u don't know who Urbano Antillon, exworld WBA champ Miguel"Aguacerito"Acosta(who Ríos beat by KO for the world title in another war) & Anthony Peterson are..U need to start watching more boxing..

Comment

• Marquez.Garcia.Lucas.Kahn all will kill rios

Comment

• Originally posted by bori210 View Post
        Marquez.Garcia.Lucas.Kahn all will kill rios
        Please... take Garcia and Khan out of that list!

Comment

• Great fight!! 2 rock'em & sock'em warriors in great shape going at it & letting it all hang out!! Gatti & Ward style!! Can't ask for more..They made the card worth watching, especially after watching Nishioka's boring trying to survive technique..

Comment

• Called it.

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
            God I wish ****ing Matthysse wasn't with GBP. I'd pick him to win vs. Rios.
            As would I, although I love both guys. Matthysse is the man at 140 though. President of the Argentina Mule-Punching Association.

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            too slow?!?! and rios is so fast he'll blind danny right. danny would murder rios. danny can hit harder than alvarado, and hes a tough kid who will punish rios in all kinds of ways.

fellow boxingsceners, MIKE ALVARADO is not good. yea i wanted him to win too, but he fought a sloppy lousy fight and lost it for himself. rios did nothing special, not even close, mike lost it himself. rios is a D+ fighter, period!

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            alvardo doesn't have the best boxing skills, but compared to rios, he is sugar ray leonard, so i think he takes this one with ease

Comment

• This was a great fight, just as advertised. As far as the end of it, I thought it was a good stoppage. Seeing both guys body language between rounds kinda of gave me an idea that it was only a matter of time before Rios would have his chance to take Alvarado out. I thought Mike was winning but Rios style was just too overwhelming for Alvarado to box his way through the fight. The stoppage was good, Alvarado looked like he was puffing trying to get his composure after he got rocked but his body just didn't respond in time.

Comment

• Thats what I am talking bout mangs !!!!

I love those brawls

Who would you rather watch , some pot shot artist with no balls or two great blood and guts fighters ?

I will answer that for you by the first 2 or 3 pages of this thread !!

Bravo to both fighters

Congrats to RIOS !!!!!!!

Comment

• That was a crazy pace they were fighting at from the opening bell until the last round.

Comment

• Guys like Rios, Alvarado, and Mathysee would chew up and spit out Danny Garcia.

Comment

• One hell of a fight, both fighters were just unloading bombs. My hat goes off to Rios, he took alot of hard shots from Alvarado but didn't buckle. However, I noticed that once Alvarado jabbed his way Rios couldn't do much. They're talking matching him with the winner of Pacquio vs Marquez ? I don't think he's ready for either of them. Marquez would really outclass him, anyone who boxes and avoids the inside fighting with him will beat him easily. As for Pacquio, he would destroy him. I'd like to see him with Garcia, that would be a good fight with Rios knocking him out in latter rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X