Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undefeated Bradley vs. Undefeated Alexander: Worth the Risk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undefeated Bradley vs. Undefeated Alexander: Worth the Risk?

Is it worth these two warriors risking their 0-loss records?

We think so:

theboxingempire.blogspot.com/2011/01/thrill-of-undefeated-what-happens-when.html

The Thrill of the Undefeated: What Happens When Two Undefeated Fighters Put it all on the Line?

Timothy Bradley (26-0) and Devon Alexander (21-0) are doing something rather unusual this weekend. They are taking their undefeated records and squaring off this weekend in Michigan. To us fans, this is one of those fights where we feel a strong uncertainty as to who will win, and both guys are coming with full confidence that they will prevail. When we get fights like this, we know we’re in for a great week of boxing.

Both fighters are considered to be at the top of their division, ranked #1 (Bradley) and #2 (Alexander) by ESPN and #1 (Bradley) and #3 (Alexander) by Ring Magazine. Rather than take meaningless tune-up fights or going after lesser competition, instead these two warriors choose to fight the best in their thrilling hunt for greatness. Something regrettably becoming rarer in a sport marked by self-centered promotion, protected regards and frivolous sanctioning bodies with numerous titles.

So we asked, what happens when two undefeateds put pride and prized zero loss records aside and go for glory?

Today, we explore five fights where this happened. We then take a look at other undefeated boxers both now and in the past, and apply lessons of the past to this weekend’s warriors Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander.

De la Hoya vs. Trinidad, Pavlik vs. Taylor and others analyzed at the link above.

(Read more at the link above and check out the hilarious images)

And just for the heck of it, a few lists.

Current Undefeated Guys on the Right Path

Andre Ward (23-0)
    Lucian Bute (27-0)
    Sergei Dzinziruk (36-0)
    Saul Alvarez (35-0-1)
    Vanes Martirosyan (28-0)
    Brandon Rios (26-0-1)
    Juan Manuel Lopez (30-0)
    Yuriorkis Gamboa (19-0)
    Abner Mares (21-0-1)

and:

Established Undefeated Fighters Who We Think Need to Pick up the Competition

Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0)
    Alexander Povetkin (21-0)
    Tavoris Cloud (22-0)
    Zsolt Erdei (32-0)
    Andre Berto (27-0)
    Chris John (44-0-2)

Comment

As a boxing fan,I want to see the best fight the best.So this fight is absolutely worth having hbo for.It is a rare thing to get 2 young,undefeated top 3 fighters facing off in any division.Also without the ppv price,I love it!!

Comment

Yes of course, these are the type of fights boxing needs. Two unbeaten fighters in there prime going at it. These are the type of fights fans want to see.

Or would you prefer Devon & Tim to just defend there ABC title's against there mandatory opponents in fights you know for the most part there gonna win and just protect ther unbeaten fighting safe fights?

Comment

No way! I'm with you bro. Definitely, 100% worth it.

I hope both guys stock goes up after this fight. Just was taking a look at other undefeated fighters who faced each other. Some went on to big successes despite losing, others were never the same *cough* Jeff Lacy *cough*

I highly applaud both of these guys for taking on one another and risking it all. In my opinion, that's far better than any of these chicken "undefeated" fighters out there. Yes I'm looking at YOU Alexander Povetkin (see list above)

Comment

Working...
          X