No announcement yet.

The gap between Pac and Clottey was conditioning, not skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saint Anus View Post
    IMO Clottey believed Pac would fade late.

It wasnt stamina. Clottey threw very little throughout the fight, not just at the end.

Roy Jones opponents threw much less against him because they were intimidated by his speed. Its the same with Pac.
    Clottey was intimidated by his speed, power, range of punches and movement.

Plus Pac never faded.

I dont think he looked weary. He needed a breather a few times, but thats because he is only human.
    I was counting the time it took for him to recover after going on his flurries and it was usually about 10 to 15 seconds.

Thats the window you have to open up on him.

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    So you are saying if Clottey was something he totally isn't he would have won? Ok. You either have to outpunch Pac(not likely) or make him pay whenever he throws. Styles make fights.
    I'm saying that in terms of skill set the gap wasn't that wide. It has more to do w/ Clottey's complacent mindset which I would think had to do w/ sub par conditioning.
    Originally posted by TYREL View Post
    had nothing to do with conditioning. it was all about strategy and styles. pac's style is all wrong for clottey's.
    Conditioning has a lot to do w/ it.
    Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Morales has the stamina and chin to outwork pacquiao before he was shot. However, other than Williams no one around his weight can match his output. Also trading with him got Barerra and Hatton KTFO.
    Agreed.

Comment

Its been swell gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
        Mayweather's right hand will give Pac fits.

If Mayweather lets his hands go he will do a paintjob on Pac's face with it.

But if he goes overly defensive like he always does he will get steamrolled
        I would pretty much agree with that to a tee.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          Morales has the stamina and chin to outwork pacquiao before he was shot. However, other than Williams no one around his weight can match his output. Also trading with him got Barerra and Hatton KTFO.
          Yeah, Morales beat him around 2005, 2006 didn't he? Morales was my favourite fighter around then. Don't you think Pacquiao's improved since then though? His head movement and all round defense is a lot better, if still not perfect.

I wanna know when Pacquiao stops improving cus he just keeps getting better, better and better.

Comment

I was counting the time it took for him to recover after going on his flurries and it was usually about 10 to 15 seconds.

Thats the window you have to open up on him.
            Who Pac or Clottey?

Pac threw so much he had to have moments of recovery, i dont think thats him looking weary.

Comment

If Clottey had world class stamina and threw 100 punches a round, he would've stopped pac imo.

Pac looked extremely weary at times when Clottey would let his hands go.

In order to beat Packy, you must come ready to throw 100+ punches a round, or be a master assassin counter puncher like JMM who was so good he made Packy gun shy about throwing punches like Clottey allowed him to.

What do ya'll think?
              Good analysis. I'm out of green or I'd throw you some for this. There's a lot of dumbasses on this forum who think a bad style matchup makes a fighter subpar. Clottey is not a bad fighter, Pac was simply all wrong for him.

Comment

Clottey's conditioning wasn't good? Zuh? He stood there and took 1300 shots. I've never seen a guy take that many body shots. Clottey's conditioning was immense. I think he just didn't let his hands go for too long because he didn't fancy himself in a war with Pacquiao.

Comment

Clottey was getting tagged by hurtful punches everytime he tried to be the aggressor and score some points.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_1EiqQBAI4 - Pacquiao Vs Clottey Fight !!

Comment

Weak Stamina yet during the entrance the commentators mentioned how his trainers said he was conditioned not to go 12 round but for 20 ... yea sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X