Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner was 150lbs on fight night. Why cant he fight @ 140 again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I am not a Broner fan but why should he move to 140 if he has no problem making 135? That weight of 150 is not a striped down weight. It includes boxing shoes, trunks, protector, and boxing gloves. That stuff weighs about three pounds so he really weighs about 147 on fight night. Lots of 140 pounders weigh 155 on fight night. There is nothing magical about 140 that make it so much better than 135. The strength of weight classes changes all the time. There will be good lightweights to challenge Broner and there are some good ones right now. Rios was a lightweight not long ago and most people thought he lost to April who is a tough lightweight Broner could fight. Other good fighters at lightweight will come along soon as they always do. Lightweight is a traditionally strong weight class and the quality of that division will pick up soon. Let Broner stay there if he wants to. He will probably move to 140 on his own soon anyway.
    He can't make 135 easily and the answer is MONEY.

Comment

He has 2 fights left maximum at 135.

He'll be at 140 by next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. WORDS...
        What the hell? Stop being so exaggerated man. He just left 130 and there are no money fights at 135. Trust me he will move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          Here is what I don't understand, when did he ever say he wasn't moving up to 140? It's clear that he wants one more fight before moving up, obviously Burns since there is some history there.
          Could you tell me what history Burns has with Broner.

Comment

All good things come to those who wait. The guys at 140 should unify or attempt to do so, so that Broner can fight the best guy at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Could you tell me what history Burns has with Broner.
              There's been back and forth trash talk for a while.

They were supposed to fight at 130.

Supposed to fight again at 135 but both fell through.

Comment

You guys notice which crowd is complaining that Broner should move up. Floyd's critics, Pac's ktfo fans, and a few Euro Spanish Mexican fight fans. We love you guys as fans, but there are a few like the TS who make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

the Broner haters be in EVERY Broner thread .....I heard the devil doesn't take days off but DAMN!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    Are u really a boxing fan? You'd rather see Broner do what benefits him rather than see him face fighters who's on par with him and make much more entertaining and competitive fights?
                    whos your favorite boxer and who was his opponents at age 22 and 23, we live in america buddy doing what benefits you is something we all will have to invest in at some point in life this isnt the 30s.... he just got out of 130 let the man feel himself out vs different styles, make a lil money for his family, and learn the ring more b4 he makes the move hes young and as far as i know most boxers even all of my favs went through this stage.

as if at your own personal job u dont or wouldnt do the same thing

Comment

Broner just said he's looking to move up. It won't be long you dudes act like he will be at 135 the next ten years. **** wrong with yall.

He'll most likely fight Burns-Vazquez winner then move up to 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X