No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman's Weight Issues Over; Jacobs Recovering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman's Weight Issues Over; Jacobs Recovering

Trainer Don Saxby acknowledges the difficult task he has ahead of him with pupil Joan Guzman.

Guzman, a 35-year-old former three division champ with an undefeated record of 30-0-1 (17 KO), has been inactive since serving an eight month suspension for testing positive for the banned diuretic Furosemide following his match with Jason Davis in December of last year. Originally a second round stoppage win for Guzman, the bout was changed to a no contest. To further exacerbate the situation, Guzman missed the contracted weight by two and a half pounds, which was Guzman's third such incident since 2008. [Click Here To Read More]

Rioghhhhhhht!!

Comment

lol. . . i really do want guzman to be able to make the weight, and be effective at 135 because he is a very good boxer. but i doubt he can be effective at 140, much less 147. khan would **** him up.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALI FUNEKA?! I really like his style - tall dude with nice jab and straight right. ohh timber!!! (says lennox lewis when nate campbell KD'd him)

Comment

He's getting older, it's make or break time for him. Good update on Jacobs, he can fight Lee or Ishida next year.

Comment

thats good to hear i told him he has to be consistent and he will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            lol. . . i really do want guzman to be able to make the weight, and be effective at 135 because he is a very good boxer. but i doubt he can be effective at 140, much less 147. khan would **** him up.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALI FUNEKA?! I really like his style - tall dude with nice jab and straight right. ohh timber!!! (says lennox lewis when nate campbell KD'd him)
            he could beat everyone at 140 including khan.

Comment

It's too late, his speed, reflexes have already deteriorated. When a fighter of Guzman's style loses those two attributes he has to fall back on physical strength, punching power and at 140...he doesn't have that.

Kills me to say it but they'll probably feed him to some top guy 140, or maybe not, maybe they won't gamble with him again.
              Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-14-2011, 01:54 AM.

Comment

It's bad enough to miss the weight by a wide margin. It's even worse using a banned substance and still missing it. Get in line and prove yourself.

BTW Khan would kill him. Didn't know he is 35 already.

Comment

I'll be heading out to cover his training camps with video, so you'll get to see more up close.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
                    I'll be heading out to cover his training camps with video, so you'll get to see more up close.
                    Thanks alot, hopefully he shows me something.

Comment

Working...
                    X