No announcement yet.

I don't like the idea of GGG moving to 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like the idea of GGG moving to 168

What does he walk around at? We all know Chavez is going to be like 220 or something around that.

Do you guys think weight will be a problem for Gennady?
    Yes
    56.67%
    No
    43.33%

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    What does he walk around at? We all know Chavez is going to be like 220 or something around that.

Do you guys think weight will be a problem for Gennady?
    He can't be any bigger than 175 , he's probably at around 170 when he's in the ring. I honestly don't think it'll be an issue I think despite the size advantage he'll get Jr. Out or at least give him the beating of his life prompting his corner to throw in the towel.

Comment

I agree. I think GGG is a middleweight, that could make 154 way better than putting on weight fighting 180 and 190 lb guys who are sweating down to 168. How will his punches affect Chavez? Yes Martinez cut up and bruised Chavez but it took 12 rounds of smart boxer/puncher action to do it. Plus who is a bigger one punch guy Martinez or GGG? Yes GGG hits hard, but he is an accumulation puncher. It will be interesting to see how he deals with Chavez layng on him and firing back to the body and head.

Comment

I don't like the idea of him moving up. People think he's going to get Chavez out but it took him 8 round to get Adama and Stevens out. It's going to be a tough fight.

Comment

I don't want him fighting at 168 either, he's not a big middleweight, he walks around at something like 175.

He should move straight back down to 160 after the Chavez Jr fight.

I don't think he's gonna stop Chavez. That fat is very resilient, has a great chin and he's the far bigger guy. I think GGG will beat him up for 12 rounds though.

Comment

Also it will be interesting to see after the fight what GGG does as far as future opponents and schedule. Will he slow down his every 2 to 2 1/2 month fight schedule.?

Comment

GGG should win the fight because he's the more skilled fighter but the weight will play a factor. It will help Chavez absorb a lot more punishment and his punches will be heavier as well. I think GGG will be fine at 168 but he needs to go back down after this fight and continue trying to take over 160. Hopefully, he can get the Martinez/Cotto winner or at least Geale if he gets past Macklin.

Comment

Public Enemy , i agree he need s to go back down and beat up the winner of Martinez-Cotto, and Canelo-Lara Winners.

Comment

Skills pays the bills

Comment

The weight won't be a problem for a Chavez fight, and it wouldn't be a factor in a potential Froch fight. It's a potential problem against the rest of the division, but Chavez's size doesn't matter and Froch is about the same weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X