Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Wlads fight change your opinion of him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did Wlads fight change your opinion of him?

I will be honest and say I have still yet to Watch the entire fight.

So did watching the Wladimir Klitschko vs Alexander Povetkin fight change your opinion of Wladimirs skillset his status among the best Heavyweights of all time

I must say that I have not changed my mind I have always looked upon him as a vary large fighter with very little boxing ability and the rounds that I was able to sit through of this fight did nothing to change my mind his defense is still Vacate arms extended to keep distance or clinch he did add one tool to his arsenal of tactics not that he never leaned on a guys neck before but the extent that he took it to was ridicules. To jump on the guys neck over and over he would actually leave his feet and come down with 245lbs on guys neck over and over

so my opinion is still he punches hard and uses a good jab he does not know how to parry slip or dodge a punch he is incapable of countering a punch because he is not there to do so. I can not think of any Era in which he dominates arguably not even his own anyone who says this guy is a skilled boxer is fooling them selves because it has become more and more painfully obvious with every passing fight that he posses no boxing skill outside of his good jab

No, I always thought he was boring.

Comment

Do yourself a favor-dont watch. This fight was a bad as the Haye fight-except there were some KD's. It reinforced every negative opinion of wlad and the competition in the HWT division.

If you love wlad. I mean LOVE wlad, you will find this fight hard to watch all the way through because its so boring.

Putrid, digusting, terrible, ****ty-and thats just the ref's performance. The fight is ten times worse.

Comment

Wlad landed his vicious one-two multiple times in succession in the 3rd and it seemed obvious he could've just brought the steelhammer at that point. Instead, he went back to the jab/lean/repeat he always does, only way more than in some of his more recent fights.

Comment

I really have tried to watch the whole fight and can't get past round 5 hence I have not even made it to the knock downs but from what I have read they were kind of shnit anyway

Comment

Before I thought he was alright but now my opinion has changed for the worse

Comment

yes. i thought his performance showed his age. he didn't look to have the legs to remain tall and jab in the center of the ring. povetkin is a bit quicker than the average plodder, but only just a bit.

his legs didn't look like they used to be.

he's 37 after all. they aren't what they used to be.

holy f#ck, that fight was bad.

Comment

I saw a Hopkins-like side to Klitschko that I hadn't seen before.

He looked a bit older and slower, but I could see he's become crafty over the years.

Comment

I agree with the responses above, his age did in fact show in this fight more so than any fight I can recall of his. He is now relying far to much on the clinch and it shows he does not have any idea what to do in the inside game. If he fought a good inside fighter who could avoid the clinch he would be in a very bad position.

Comment

wlad would've not been as successful in the earlier heavyweight era. he got size and skills but his chin is just too weak. early on in his career, he was getting ktfo until emmanuel stewart fixed it with holding and grabbing to keep his chin from getting checked. if this was the 80s and 90s, wlad would've gotten more ko losses early on his career and would be harder for him to recover.

Comment

Working...
                    X