No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Ortiz only 850,000 PPV buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
    That's cause has to. He fights when 'they' say so.
    i don't care about the money side. I just want to see fights.

last time i got excited about a mayweather fight is the hatton one. all the other fights have been trash

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Says the guy with red k lmao

Arum is the MOST CREDIBLE SOURCE cuz he was directly involved with the promotion. He probably already knows that Ortiz-floyd did and is laughing his ass off. Steve kim and fat dan are the next most credible because they are non bias and as journalist have a duty to report the truth. Fighthype is the least credible because its nothing more than a fan-site

The fact that its been like 3 weeks and still no numbers mean this fight was a colossial failure

GTFOH u noob
      arum a credible source? the guy who's been screwing pac over money? AHAHAHAHAH...what a pathetic ******* you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
        pac-mosley numbers are just as good a guess, as those from floyd-ortiz. neither is official, and arum is not a credible source. but haters are gonna hate anyway. i think it did more than 1 mil though.
        pac doesnt go around claiming he is the ppv king.. haters gon hate ayways? LOL!! if u go around claiming u're the cash cow, ppv king, if your fans post everyday that u're the ppv king and the true cash cow, well u better expect to hear some LOL, and HAHAH cause this ppv with ortiz flopped big time LOL.. nothing to hate on here but LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
          pac doesnt go around claiming he is the ppv king.. haters gon hate ayways? LOL!! if u go around claiming u're the cash cow, ppv king, if your fans post everyday that u're the ppv king and the true cash cow, well u better expect to hear some LOL, and HAHAH cause this ppv with ortiz flopped big time LOL.. nothing to hate on here but LOL!
          Very true, if you keep on trumpeting those claims expect fans to make a big deal about it even some of them doesn't really care about PPVs. By the way, I'll LOL if the PPV number is true.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul-jakul View Post
            By Dan Ambrose: The fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz last month was supposed to have brought in huge numbers on pay per view, according to their promoter Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions.

Schaefer predicted the fight would bring in between 1.4 million to 1.7 million PPV buys. However, Steve Kim is reporting that the Mayweather-Ortiz fight brought in only 850,000 PPV buys, which is rather sad given the popularity of Mayweather and all the hype and marketing that went into the Mayweather-Ortiz fight. HBO put together one of their 24/7 series for this fight, and it was advertised constantly on cable. If 850,000 is the best it brought in with all that marketing than it is truly sad.
            Kim said this on his twitter: “I’ve heard as low as 850,000. Still no PPV figures released for the Mayweather-Ortiz yet, which is very telling.”

This isn’t good, is it? If all Mayweather vs. Ortiz brought in was a paltry 850,000 for this fight, it’s going to put Mayweather in a bad bargaining position with Manny Pacquiao, if he ever decides to fight him. With the exception of his fight against Joshua Clottey last year, which brought in only 700,000 PPV buys, Pacquiao has been selling over 1 million PPV buys for each of his fights since then.It will be hard for Mayweather to ask for equal footing in the bargaining table if he’s bringing in low figures like that against a fighter as well known as Ortiz is with the casual boxing fans. It could be the economy in addition to the high price of the Mayweather-Ortiz card scared away a lot of boxing fans from buying the fight. Or it could be they just saw it as a hopeless mismatch and figured Ortiz didn’t have a chance and why pay to see a mismatch?
            Since Steve Kim hates Mayweather, I don't put any stock in anything he says about Mayweather or his numbers. Also, the highlighted line it total bull****. It has been five months and we still haven't received the official numbers from Showtime on the Pacquaio/Mosley fight. All we have hear isthe number that Bob Arum threw out, which everyone knows is a lie. My guess is the Pac/Mosley PPV only sold 400 to 500,000, but we will never know until the numbers actually come out.

I think it is odd how Kim speculates on the Mayweather numbers, but neither Kim or any other boxing writer speculated abou the Pac/Mosley numbers. They just accepted what Arum -- a man who has no credibility -- told them.

Comment

who cares?

floyd takes home $80-100 Million

Comment

the official numbers will come out eventually

It will be 1-1.3 Million in that range, just like Arum and past GBP, they are going to LIE ABOUT THE NUMBERS....ALL PROMOTIONS Lie about their PPV Buys, Golden Boy Promotions, Top Rank and even the UFC

but I guarantee the official numbers will be announces as no less then 1 Million

When did fans become so interested in PPV Buys...did I miss something? are fans now getting paid off of Pacquiao and Mayweather PPV Buys?

Both are THE BIGGEST DRAW IN BOXING, that has already been established, why are fans still trying to dispute who is the bigger draw...THEY ARE BOTH HUGE DRAWS...LIKE THEM OR NOT!
                Last edited by sicko; 10-08-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  who cares?

floyd takes home $80-100 Million

Not when his PPV only does 850k

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  the official numbers will come out eventually

It will be 1-1.3 Million in that range, just like Arum and past GBP, they are going to LIE ABOUT THE NUMBERS....ALL PROMOTIONS Lie about their PPV Buys, Golden Boy Promotions, Top Rank and even the UFC

but I guarantee the official numbers will be announces as no less then 1 Million

When did fans become so interested in PPV Buys...did I miss something? are fans now getting paid off of Pacquiao and Mayweather PPV Buys?

Both are THE BIGGEST DRAW IN BOXING, that has already been established, why are fans still trying to dispute who is the bigger draw...THEY ARE BOTH HUGE DRAWS...LIKE THEM OR NOT!
                  Since the dissertations by floyd stans like Horus litter the forums claiming Floyd's PPV superiority.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                    Not when his PPV only does 850k

Since the dissertations by floyd stans like Horus litter the forums claiming Floyd's PPV superiority.
                    yes, this ppv number is too low....

considering the big hype, big marketing effort thrown in and the very good under card..

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                      yes, this ppv number is too low....

considering the big hype, big marketing effort thrown in and the very good under card..
                      oh yeah great undercard
                      canelo vs. who?
                      morales vs. who?
                      jessie vargas who?

Comment

Working...
                      X