No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    That was before the Hatton fight, he said that to Mosley.

After Hatton, Roach said Pacquiao was willing to go up to welter but it would be a catchweight against Cotto or Mosley. He offered 143/144lbs and Cotto negotiated it up to 145lbs.

Mosley said no straight away, then when Cotto signed up, he said he was willing to fight at 140lbs.

We do know that Mosley put an offer in writting to fight Mayweather that year and Mayweather chose to fight Marquez instead.
    What you are saying here could literally not be further from the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      It wasn't after Cotto signed up...

The fight was still in question, the negotiations had stalled. Stop trying to re-write history. Just STFU.
      hey. boxrec and boxingscene archive searches will only get you so far.

Comment

STFU, cuz' you and Reloaded are much better than D4thincarnation.

How the fuck are you going to have me on ignore and still quote me.

GTFOH
        Easily, I just did.

Don't get to cocky. You said 1 thing out of 500 that I actually agree with.

I'm peaceful today, you can try but you won't get any negative reactions out of me

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          hey. boxrec and boxingscene archive searches will only get you so far.

ha I was thinkin the same thing

Comment

STFU, cuz' you and Reloaded are not much better than D4thincarnation.

How the fuck are you going to have me on ignore and still quote me.

GTFOH
            Find a fact I argue against big mouth , opinions are just that and a big smoke like you should know the difference !

Comment

• to earn lots of money....thats what prizefighters do

Comment

• Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
                to earn lots of money....thats what prizefighters do
                Once again!!!! You are about the 60th right person today.

Atlest you're not trying to pretend that ......

Mosley was the highest rank
                champion,
                most demanded fight with Pacquiao

Like D4thincarnation

Comment

• http://www.boxing news24.com/2009/05/mosley-wants-pacquiao-fight-but-is-manny-interested/

Roach said not too long ago that he was interested in Manny facing Mosley, but that Shane would have to come down to meet Pacquiao at a catch weight of 143, and according to Roach, Mosley was having none of it at the time and declined to take the fight.

Now, it looks as if Mosley has changed his tune and is agreeable to take the fight, but the question is whether Pacquiao is interested in taking the fight. This would be a very tough fight for Pacquiao to take, because he would likely not be able to knock the tough-chinned Mosley out.
                  Mosley first declined Roach's offer, and only became interested again once Cotto became an option.

Maybe he was playing hardball, but he did say no when Roach offered him 143lb.

Comment

• http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...0-for-pacquiao

And like I said when Pacquiao vs Cotto was more or less signed Mosley said he was willing to come to 140lbs

THE RING’s No. 1-rated 147 pounder issued a statement Friday saying he’d meet Pacquiao at 140 pounds even though he hasn’t fought at lighter than 146 since 1999. Mosley has never fought in the 140-pound division.

Jul 17th, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      What you are saying here could literally not be further from the truth.
                      Reports around that time support what i'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X