Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez KO'd Pacquiao with the same shot he dropped his sparring partner with

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez KO'd Pacquiao with the same shot he dropped his sparring partner with

Check this out, he's been working on that counter all throughout camp. That's why they didn't wanna let the 24/7 cameras film the sparring sessions but thankfully, one of them got leaked and you can see that same short counter right hand he knocked Pacquiao out with :

Amazing that he was able to think clearly and execute this move even though he was hurt.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Check this out, he's been working on that counter all throughout camp. That's why they didn't wanna let the 24/7 cameras film the sparring sessions but thankfully, one of them got leaked and you can see that same short counter right hand he knocked Pacquiao out with :

Amazing that he was able to think clearly and execute this move even though he was hurt.
    He wasn't that badly hurt. And it's clear his strategy was a dangerous one but he was really determined last night. That KO punch was so well-timed. Pacquiao does that move all the time--this time Marquez had the perfect response.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      He wasn't that badly hurt. And it's clear his strategy was a dangerous one but he was really determined last night. That KO punch was so well-timed. Pacquiao does that move all the time--this time Marquez had the perfect response.
      Very true, I just watched the KO like 10 times on youtube and this is what I noted.

1. Marquez wasn't as hurt as people believed at that point.
      2. JMM lured Pacquiao into the ropes to specifically land a counter and deceive Pac into thinking he was hurt. I think he sensed Manny was pushing for the KO and he would be coming in recklessly.

But yeah TS, that counter right was a weapon I'm sure him and Nacho refined in the training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Very true, I just watched the KO like 10 times on youtube and this is what I noted.

1. Marquez wasn't as hurt as people believed at that point.
        2. JMM lured Pacquiao into the ropes to specifically land a counter and deceive Pac into thinking he was hurt. I think he sensed Manny was pushing for the KO and he would be coming in recklessly.

But yeah TS, that counter right was a weapon I'm sure him and Nacho refined in the training camp.
        Yeah he wasn't totally on queer street but he was hurt, make no mistake about it. It's just that he's one of those fighters who have the ability to think clearly in the midst of battle even when he's under fire.

It's weird how he's able to generate so much power off of that shot because it's so short. I guess the power is augmented by his opponent's forward momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Yeah he wasn't totally on queer street but he was hurt, make no mistake about it. It's just that he's one of those fighters who have the ability to think clearly in the midst of battle even when he's under fire.

It's weird how he's able to generate so much power off of that shot because it's so short. I guess the power is augmented by his opponent's forward momentum.
          Yes, this is a really amazing attribute that Marquez possess. The people I was watching it with were getting nervous for Marquez in those last segments, I told them to relax because this is when Marquez is at his most dangerous..then BOOOM! lol

Comment

I guess drinking your own urine gives you super strength

Comment

Yes, this is a really amazing attribute that Marquez possess. The people I was watching it with were getting nervous for Marquez in those last segments, I told them to relax because this is when Marquez is at his most dangerous..then BOOOM! lol
              LMFAO. Dude I said the same exact thing in that round. Everyone at my house last night was clowning on me when I said Pacquiao will be reckless and Marquez would have the opportunity. They all laughed hysterically especially when I said, "Marquez will come back. The boxing Gods have spoken." Right then and there Pacquiao took a dirt nap!!!! BOOM!!!

Comment

I was pointing this out to Cuauhtemoc last night, and he refused to believe that Marquez was fighting with a strategy. Dude was insistant that it was a random shot by a desperate Marquez.

Comment

I saw this video a couple days before the fight. It looks like the exact same punch. The sparring partner even hops twice similar to how Pacquiao does (as similar as a fighter of normal physical ability can).

Maybe because I am a Pacquiao fan. I just can't help but think that Marquez saw the opening and decided to attack him with this weapon. I am in disbelief by the result, but doubt that Marquez actually was going for a knockout the whole time. His output was the least competitive out of all of the fights. He took a beating in the 5th, and most of the 6th.

Does anyone have the actual results for the compubox from fight 3?

Do you guys believe that Marquez came with the intentions of getting the knockout?

Do you guys think that Pacquiao in round 5 and round 6 was close to the stoppage like I do?

Anyways I want to reiterate that I am a fan of both. I am happy that Marquez got his win, but I am sad to see my hero lose in such devastating fashion.

Comment

I told them to relax because this is when Marquez is at his most dangerous..then BOOOM! lol
                    Originally posted by jdigital1601 View Post
                    LMFAO. Dude I said the same exact thing in that round.
                    Same here, when Pac hurt JMM with a left hand shortly before the KO I thought "Marquez is still dangerous".

Originally posted by Randomum View Post
                    Does anyone have the actual results for the compubox from fight 3?
                    Pac : 94 of 256 (68 power punches)

JMM : 52 of 246 (41 power punches)

Do you guys believe that Marquez came with the intentions of getting the knockout?
                    I think he did, he threw less punches but put his full bodyweight behind them.

Do you guys think that Pacquiao in round 5 and round 6 was close to the stoppage like I do?
                    Maybe not stoppage but he could have dropped JMM again and secured a comfortable lead.

Comment

Working...
                    X