Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studies show junk foods change brain chemistry and are addictive like cocaine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studies show junk foods change brain chemistry and are addictive like cocaine

some junk foods change brain chemistry and are addictive

http://wakeupfromyourslumber.com/new...ictive-cocaine

(NaturalNews) Is gorging on a bag of nacho cheese-flavored corn chips, for instance, the same as snorting a line of cocaine? A number of scientific studies, many of which were conducted within the past year, have found that junk food addiction is essentially the same as cocaine addiction, at least as far as the brain is concerned.

Bloomberg Businessweek reports on a plethora of recent data that identifies junk food addiction as being just as serious as drug addiction. High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS), monosodium glutamate (MSG), hydrogenated oils, refined salt, and various other chemical preservatives found in processed junk food does the same thing to a person's brain as cocaine does.

(continued)

Didn't you see Super Size Me? The guy was basically addicted to McDonalds and he had to do a vegan detox just to get away from the addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
      Didn't you see Super Size Me? The guy was basically addicted to McDonalds and he had to do a vegan detox just to get away from the addiction.
      That movie was such propaganda, that stuff isn't the best thing to eat but I think he gained weight more because he was going out of his way to be physically inactive.

Comment

Just how bad is cocaine for you?.

Comment

They're just giving more excuses to the morbidly obese people of the world.

The truth is you can eat anything you want and if you exercise atleast 30 minutes a day you won't be obese.

Comment

Well that ****in sucks

Comment

Junk food is addictive cause it tastes good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                That movie was such propaganda, that stuff isn't the best thing to eat but I think he gained weight more because he was going out of his way to be physically inactive.
                Yes he did but that was part of the point. He was acting like a typical person that would be on that food.

Comment

it is kind of true. . . when your body eats high sugar foods, your insulin ****es. . . thereby causing a release of serotonin in the brain. . . very small in comparison to cocaine and other drugs. . .

but i got in a habit of eating a caramel sundae from mcdonalds after every meal for like a month. . . lol. . when i wouldn't eat a sundae, my body would crave it, and i'd feel more anxious or something. . lol it was weird. . but after a week of stopping it, im back to normal now!

Comment

Yawn. People are weak, and love to pass on responsibility with the excuse of addiction.

Comment

Working...
                    X