My training is it good for my age

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My training is it good for my age

Hey boxin fans i wanted to know is
    120 push ups 120 sit ups and 120 squats and 300 jump and jacks and a hour on the double end bag is good for me to start practicing amatuer boxing or should i increase the numbers because i want to master my reflexes and punching speed to be that of mayweather
    Last edited by dman4093; 01-10-2013, 05:59 PM.

Find a trainer who has experience in amatuer boxing! You'll never be able to compete without a trainer. You CAN get yourself in condition to be able to train as a fighter would but your dead in the water without someone who know methods & techniques! This isn't football or basketball you play thoughs you don't "play boxing"! Ray.
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I'd say that's a pretty good routine. Throw in pullups/chinups as well and you should be set for strength.

Just make sure to start doing some roadwork for your wind.

Comment

k thanks i just want to get prepared because my uncle who was a former kickboxin champ i ask him to train me for the olympic boxing and he said yeah and he will train me in like 3 months but i just want to be ready

Comment

you're never going to be mayweather. I swear to God Floyd and Ali have ruined more boxers than they have helped with the **** they do and people trying to be like them. Just be yourself and do what YOU do best.

Kickboxing is a lot different from boxing.

Comment

I'd suggest replacing the pushups, sit ups, jumping jacks, and BW squats with joining a gym lifting and doing some HIIT and regular cardio.

Whats your age btw?

Comment

my bad for the late reply though im 14

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                I'd suggest replacing the pushups, sit ups, jumping jacks, and BW squats with joining a gym lifting and doing some HIIT and regular cardio.
                That regimen of exercises has worked for countless boxers for hundreds of years.

Weight lifting isn't necessary. He doesn't have to bother with weights or a gym unless he really wants to.

Comment

ask a trainer!but progressive increase is recommended with proper stretching before session!freelance coach andre fabre@3474826637!for the love of boxing!

Comment

Working...
                  X