Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Who wins Saul Alvarez vs. Austin Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout with a clear decision win, but it'll be a SD due to Canelo getting a 115-113 card.

Comment

Watching the middle rounds, Cotto was beginning to take it to Trout but then Cotto couldn't do it for the rest of the fight and lost. It bothered Trout. If Canelo can pressure Trout for the full 12 rounds, I see Trout having a difficult time handling the power that Canelo appears to have. If Trout can withstand Canelo's power and be mobile throughout the fight, Canelo may get frustrated.

I see Canelo having the advantage though as Canelo is a purer 154 fighter than Cotto and it will show in that fight with Trout. Canelo is bigger than Cotto in both height and reach.

Comment

Alvarez will stop Trout probably.

Trout was getting caught clean way to often by an old shot Cotto, and I saw him buckle on atleast 3 occasions, combined with him being dropped HARD by Martyrosian, in the Amateurs, I have some serious questions about his durability.

Canelo will be going to the body hard, Trouts legs will be gone by 6 or 7, Canelo gets him out before 9.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          Alvarez will stop Trout probably.

Trout was getting caught clean way to often by an old shot Cotto, and I saw him buckle on atleast 3 occasions, combined with him being dropped HARD by Martyrosian, in the Amateurs, I have some serious questions about his durability.

Canelo will be going to the body hard, Trouts legs will be gone by 6 or 7, Canelo gets him out before 9.
          This...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            It will be an interesting contest, just watching what Cotto did to Trout I have to think Canelo is going to be able to do more damage than Cotto so that augers well for Canelo. However if Trout is tough enough to take the beating or mitigate it enough what he will be able to deal out will certainly be something Canelo has never seen before and be a huge issue for him.

I will favor Canelo slightly based on his offensive talents and the fact I question if Trout can really take it but it could easily go the other way also.
            If Trout is more durable than I think he is, he might be able to win the fight on Points.

I questioned his durability going into the Cotto fight do to his run-in with Vanes Martyrosian in the Amateurs, and after seeing what Cotto was able to do, I still seriously question his chin.

As Amir Kahn showed us, you don't get dropped with headgear and 12 once gloves unless you are packing some serious China.

It wasn't a flash Knockdown either. He was put down hard.

Comment

Trout on the cards......

Comment

If Trout can get Canelo to respect his power, and keep Canelo off him with that hard jab, he can win the fight by a clear and competitive decision. Trout won't be able to rough and man handle Canelo, the way he was able to do so with Cotto, a smaller fighter.

But if Canelo doesn't feel Trout's power and can walk through them, he'll be able to get Trout inside and hurt him, and can keep him on the ropes the way Cotto couldn't.

I think Trout's going to win a very close decision, leading to a rematch in September probably.

Comment

Its a tough one for me to call. I am a fan of Alvarez and have been for 2 or 3 years now. Of course I want him to win, but without him really being tested, its hard to say if he has the stuff to beat Trout. I hate to say this, but I have a feeling Trout will win this by decision. I think Canelo will make it a more exciting and closer fight than Cotto did. There's always a chance Canelo gets a gift decision too. If Canelo wins it fair and square, I wan't be too shocked, just extremely relieved. lol

Comment

Austin Trout by decision

Comment

I pick Canelo beating Trout if they do get in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X