Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do old school players get more credit than they deserve?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the biggest reason is.....nobody did it before them. Modern players have the benefit of decades of experience. Old school players made things up and had to think out of the box which is exponentially more difficult than watching film, studying someone's style, then trying to emulate what you want.

Comment

Too many And 1, Rafer Alston type ball washers around.

That's the problem.

People equate all this ESPN flash highlight shit with "mad tyte skillz, b", when these guys have 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratios, and have done exactly shit to be even mentioned with the likes of an Isiah Thomas.

This isn't a knock on present guys like Chris Paul.

But fucking Ricky Rubio?

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
        I think the biggest reason is.....nobody did it before them. Modern players have the benefit of decades of experience. Old school players made things up and had to think out of the box which is exponentially more difficult than watching film, studying someone's style, then trying to emulate what you want.
        Good fukin post

Comment

white choclate's elbow pass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Kneeguel Cotto View Post
            white choclate's elbow pass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            As long time suffering Kings fan, I'll always have love for Williams. One of the integral parts that made the Kings nationally relevant in the late 90's.

But he was erratic, shot ridiculously bad shots on the regular, and was a defensive liability.

Hell, he was sitting pine quite a bit in the 4th quarters of games his final season with the Kings in favor of Bobby Jackson.

Kings traded him, got boring Mike Bibby, and became a better squad.

I was happy to see him get a ring with the Heat. No hate.

Comment

Thomas was a great ball handler. He used to make Larry Bird's teams, Michael Jordan's teams, and Magic Johnson's teams look stupid on a regular basis with his dribbling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Too many And 1, Rafer Alston type ball washers around.

That's the problem.

People equate all this ESPN flash highlight shit with "mad tyte skillz, b", when these guys have 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratios, and have done exactly shit to be even mentioned with the likes of an Isiah Thomas.

This isn't a knock on present guys like Chris Paul.

But fucking Ricky Rubio?

i dont understand the fascination with ricky rubio.

he makes shaq look like steve kerr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  i dont understand the fascination with ricky rubio.

he makes shaq look like steve kerr.
                  The thing about this thread, and the thread starters rants on 80' and 90's players in general, is they compared a attribute that Irving has to one of the top 5 greatest PG's to ever play. I'd take that as high praise, have a Coke, and shut the fuck about it.

It wasn't like they compared him to fucking Jim Les.

Comment

I dont watch Kyrie. He not the best at nething in my opinion. Talk to me when they start winning. Cavs have all that talent and cant do nething with it.

Id talk Wall, Paul, Westbrook, Parker and various other guard over Kyrie. Hes just a chucker and plays no defense.

How can u call urself a point guard and ball handler and not have ne assist for a 2 game stretch with Lebron on ur team.

No he shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Isiah.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X