Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why ask for 8 oz gloves for a 154 lbs fight?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
    I think 154 and 10oz gloves was a starting point for negotiations. I don't think Floyd ever really expected to get those things. I don't know why he's gone for 8oz gloves, given his brittle hands and that Cotto is supposedly the puncher. Maybe he's planning on beating Cotto up like he did Gatti.
    Enz know whats up!!!....we call that being a "step ahead" where I'm from....make the other dude THINK he's getting what he want....but in REALITY their wants are the same...8 oz hand warmers a phone booth and half and a weight limit of 147.....the testing request was the ONLY request...everyting else was common fukin sense imo

I can see alot of cats never sat down and politiced a deal...it was OBVIOUS Floyd was playing chess....he got away with that because his opposition are stuck on checkers....NOW it looks like Floyd agreed to all MANNY'S demands and innocent Floyd had one lousy request ....yea ok!!....Floyd's request was the ONLY request....just come up outta the matrix and read between the lines...you'll see!!

now thats been established, I still don't know how Floyd KNEW Manny was gonna decline!!....I mean, like seriously...if the tests had gotten accepted by Team Pac the fight would've popped off imo

Comment

• Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
      Floyd reportedly wanted to use 10 oz gloves in a division where 8 oz is the norm.
      Incorrect!! Inform yourself a bit better

In Nevada, WW's wear 10oz unless both fighters agree to 8oz gloves

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3365846

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        That COULD be true, but we don't KNOW that to be the factual reason, now do we kind sir? Speculation. I rest my case. The same principal applies for your question(s).
        How would you interpret this report from Ben Thompson?
        It said: " As for the weight, although there were initial reports that team Mayweather wanted the bout to take place at 154, both fighters will indeed meet at the WW limit...."

Did Thompson say 'rumors' or did he say reports?

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...-gloves--23910

Comment

• Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
          How would you interpret this report from Ben Thompson?
          It said: " As for the weight, although there were initial reports that team Mayweather wanted the bout to take place at 154, both fighters will indeed meet at the WW limit...."

Did Thompson say 'rumors' or did he say reports?

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...-gloves--23910
          So in the haters union. I assume you get retirement credits for every lying hateful post?

Comment

• Originally posted by MotorCityJaguar View Post
            Incorrect!! Inform yourself a bit better

In Nevada, WW's wear 10oz unless both fighters agree to 8oz gloves

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3365846
            You are right, but when I used the word norm I actually meant the usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              So in the haters union. I assume you get retirement credits for every lying hateful post?
              Is Ben Thompson a Floyd hater?

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                Enz know whats up!!!....we call that being a "step ahead" where I'm from....make the other dude THINK he's getting what he want....but in REALITY their wants are the same...8 oz hand warmers a phone booth and half and a weight limit of 147.....the testing request was the ONLY request...everyting else was common fukin sense imo

I can see alot of cats never sat down and politiced a deal...it was OBVIOUS Floyd was playing chess....he got away with that because his opposition are stuck on checkers....NOW it looks like Floyd agreed to all MANNY'S demands and innocent Floyd had one lousy request ....yea ok!!....Floyd's request was the ONLY request....just come up outta the matrix and read between the lines...you'll see!!

now thats been established, I still don't know how Floyd KNEW Manny was gonna decline!!....I mean, like seriously...if the tests had gotten accepted by Team Pac the fight would've popped off imo
                A request can be negotiated. The ost was a demand, it was either ost or no fight>

Comment

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  You god damn idiot. Floyd agreed to 8oz gloves with Pacquiao, and he wants 8oz gloves with Cotto as well.

That's all there is to it.

Stop with the stupid threads.
                  End Thread.....

Comment

• I think he wanted 10 ounce gloves for Pac to reduce Pac's punching power since it was unlikely that he would KO Pac but Pac might hurt him.I think he wants to KO Cotto either by cuts or lots of clean punches. The 8 ounce gloves should help Cotto's power too, as he has a very hard jab and left hook to the body and head. Floyd reminds me of Leonard, wanting every edge possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      I think he wanted 10 ounce gloves for Pac to reduce Pac's punching power since it was unlikely that he would KO Pac but Pac might hurt him.I think he wants to KO Cotto either by cuts or lots of clean punches. The 8 ounce gloves should help Cotto's power too, as he has a very hard jab and left hook to the body and head. Floyd reminds me of Leonard, wanting every edge possible.
                      BINGO!! Another WINNER!!

You nailed it, "wanting every edge possible".

Comment

Working...
                      X