No announcement yet.

Shields's GNP reminded me of Thompson vs Slice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shields's GNP reminded me of Thompson vs Slice

WTF was that ? Remember when Kimbo Slice was getting GNP'd by Thompson and some felt the fight was "fixed" due to the fact that they could not believe that a man of that size could not exert more force into his punches.

What could possibly have been going through Shields's mind when he already had Henderson where he wanted him on multiple occasions, Henderson's right-hand was of no threat to him when Jake had the full-mount.
    Last edited by 1 on 1; 04-18-2010, 01:30 PM.

Hendo did more damage with one punch than Shields did with 200. How do you mount somebody for 20 minutes and not finish. Especially if you're a BJJ blackbelt...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Hendo did more damage with one punch than Shields did with 200. How do you mount somebody for 20 minutes and not finish. Especially if you're a BJJ blackbelt...
      Exactly bro, I know Shields is no Brock Lesnar, but FFS, Hendo was f**kin' trapped. You mean to tell me a 185lb man could not put more into those punches.

The funny thing was, Jake didn't even seem like he was trying to set up a submission with the GNP, he was simply content on throwing those weak punches.

Comment

Working...
      X