Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain the conspiracy behind Haye ducking Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain the conspiracy behind Haye ducking Fury?

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I still don't get it. Haye vs Fury was a big money fight and Haye was a also a big favorite. What possible reason is there for him to fake an injury and avoid it? It was easy money. If it was that he was scared of losing, I don't understand why he would go through all the trouble of signing up for the fight in the first place. The first conspiracy I remember hearing was that he got an offer from Klitschko, but I think that's now obviously bunk. And now it's that he was angling for the newly vacant belt? If there's something I'm missing, do tell.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-15-2014, 10:07 PM.

It's simply a handy vehicle for Hayeters to spew their nonsense.

Comment

anyone who thinks haye ducked fury is a moron, simple as that, he is missing out on a huge and imo easy payday because of a serious shoulder injury..how long was ward out for with a similar injury?? how ling was Robert guerrero out for ( not counting time out to be with his wife) ???? shoulder injured like that takes around a year, and he will then have to regain fitness, stamina, strength, and muscle mass, he will be out a while yet.. fury isn't being ducked get over it

Comment

......bump

Comment

Fury is the most entertaining heavyweight in the division. Haye didn't even apologise to fury .

Comment

The conspiracy theory (or "conspiracy theory") asserts that Haye's had an inordinately high number of injuries which function as excuses. The following are usually mentioned:
            • An injury (back) prevents Haye from going through with his scheduled fight against Wlad in 2009.
            • An injury (sore toe) prevents Haye from performing his best (winning?) against Wlad Klitschko in 2011.
            • An injury (hand) prevents Haye from going through with his scheduled fight against Manuel Charr in 2013.
            • An injury (facial cut) prevents Haye going through with his scheduled fight against Tyson Fury in 2013.
            • An injury (shoulder) prevents Haye from going through with his scheduled fight against Tyson Fury in 2013.

Some also mention Haye's pulling out of a fight with Vitali Klitschko around 2009 or 2010.

Comment

I don't know about any conspiracies or "ducking Fury" talk but there has been fair criticism of Haye for ducking out of fights with one excuse or another.

When Haye-Fury was first signed I said it would never happen, that Haye would pull out.

When it was signed again after he did pull out, I said it would never happen because Haye would pull out.

That's what he does.

Why? It may take a physiologist to figure out, or perhaps a psychologist.

He likes the limelight. He likes being considered, as so many (mostly Brits) have, as "the best non-Klitschko heavyweight, or the guy who would somehow after that embarrassing performance against Wlad where he purposely fell to the canvas and flopped around like a fish every time Wlad got near him, redeem himself by beating Vitali.

He likes being considered a fighter, even though he's won ONE more fight than me since 2010, I think it is (and I'm not even a boxer).

Financially, there's also this: general practice is that promoters pay an agreed-upon amount of money for training expense up front for big fights, non-refundable. For a purse like Haye-Fury, he probably pocketed in the neighborhood of $100,000-150,000 total for his two training camps, possibly more. That money isn't always all spent -- if he played his cards right he could probably have kept half of that for himself despite pulling out. Count up all the money he might have been paid up front for non-refundable expenses for his pull-outs over the last few years and a guy could make a decent living for a while on that with no intention of ever actually fighting.

Comment

If he was faking the injury, the only explanation that would've made sense to me is that negotiations were taking place with Vitali. But that wasn't happening, and he won't get his paws on Vit's vacated belt yet either. It seems Fury and Wilder will get title shots against Stiverne/ Arreola before Haye gets his chance. I don't see why Haye would duck Fury. He would stop the big guy in 3-4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Renal Colic View Post
                  The conspiracy theory (or "conspiracy theory") asserts that Haye's had an inordinately high number of injuries which function as excuses. The following are usually mentioned:
                  • An injury (back) prevents Haye from going through with his scheduled fight against Wlad in 2009.
                  • An injury (sore toe) prevents Haye from performing his best (winning?) against Wlad Klitschko in 2011.
                  • An injury (hand) prevents Haye from going through with his scheduled fight against Manuel Charr in 2013.
                  • An injury (facial cut) prevents Haye going through with his scheduled fight against Tyson Fury in 2013.
                  • An injury (shoulder) prevents Haye from going through with his scheduled fight against Tyson Fury in 2013.

Some also mention Haye's pulling out of a fight with Vitali Klitschko around 2009 or 2010.
                  So Haye ducked Fury in order to fight a Klitschko, who people previously claimed he was also ducking via fake inury? It doesn't sound like a very consistent theory.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-15-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

People who dislike Haye and want to believe he ducked a big money fight he was a big favorite in which is stupid or are too idiotic to realize athletes get hurt and some are more prone than others. End of. It's ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                    X