Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rating: High For Boxing, Low For Network TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many others shows were on prime time and the narrators sucked. I guess Mayweathers non-appeal was a non-factor in the crap rating and reviews

Comment

yikes.... that sucks....

excuses excuses....

i still think this fight hits 1 mil.

Comment

Good luck to Mayweather selling this, I think he'll do little over a Million thoug....certantly the Ghost is not helping the cause. Can you imagin how it would be if it was Alexander intead?

Like someone said here "It takes two to tango"

Comment

All I wanted to know from the other threat was weather the numbers were a success or not. Now I know it was a bust. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
            I had no idea that was even showing on CBS. Lol damn that article is ether though.

Lmao I didnt know either or I'd have watched it in between the Martinez fight. Damn...If boxing fans didnt know how was anyone else suppose to! Lol

Comment

The fight will still do a million buys and people will complain that it wasn't 1.5

Comment

mayweather is boring

well, truth is mayweather is a far from charismatic character. he's a very boring, one dimensional dude. far from an exciting fighter too, but his fighting is much more watchable than these ridiculous documentaries and "all access" type shows that keep showing the same stuff about a guy who is truly just a pretty dim wet blanket

Comment

The interest on Mayweather is waning.
                  A big part of his appeal (to the casual fan) was for him to win, and then maybe the next fight could have been against Pacquiao.
                  Now that Pacquiao lost and its pretty certain their fight will never ever take place, I expect the interest in these two fighters to fade.

I doubt Mayweather does a million ppv buys, and expect Pacquiao's PPV's to drop as well.
                  Last edited by JJRod; 04-28-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I dont think this is a reflection of Mayweather as a draw, or boxing in general as a draw. documentaries require passion, and emotional investment...all this documentary had was investment..in that it was clearly created for the sole purpose of promotion and thats it....which is why i think it failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                      Maybe these stupid ****s will learn you have to market. You can't just put a show like that on network tv, and expect it to automatically get ratings.

Could you imagine Lebron James having a doc done on him on network tv? That **** would be in commercials nightly for a month.

The stupid fucking boxing promoters will never learn. Plus they don't care. Too money hungry to improve the sport.
                      I don't think you can blame the promoters on this one. It is Showtimes owns CBS, and i don't watch CBS enough to say they advertised the Mayweather show. But maybe what the real problem is they didn't want to lose money by not selling advertisment and showing commercials of the upcoming Mayweather show.

There is no hype but to boxing fans. Even in this fourm i don't see the Mayweather clan like they used to be in full force maybe because a Pacquaio fight is not on schedule and their is no talk of Pacquiao yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X